Friday, March 14, 2008

mom's killing me...

FYI: This loot is part of my shopping a few days back (when i bought some items from MAC's N collection), i just forgot to include them in that post. And probably another reason is that until now, i am trying to convince myself that this is for my own good (rather than i am not trying to kill myself).

yep...bought a few stuffs from Toby's Glorietta: a pair of 3-lb dumbels, a yoga mat and a waist wrap. (LOLz) Can i really be this serious about losing weight? I've been trying to limit myself from eating too much, most esp. rice and sweets that's why for a few weeks now, i'm on a no-rice diet (unless i'm at home in the province where i just can't say NO to my aunt's cooking) and i've been drinking a meal-replacement chocolate shake. I was able to lose a few lbs already but now i wanted to get rid of some flabs from my arms and to at least take a few more inches from my waist.

my mom's a trainer in a gym and also teaches bellydancing, cardio funk, taebo, etc. back in the province...while moi, on the contrary, only spend less than an hour in the threadmill and just hit the sauna after. if i go to the gym before coming in to work, i honestly think that i spend more time applying makeup than my actual working out-hours. there are even days when i just go straight to the shower, just so i can tell my mom that i dropped by the gym. (hopefully she's not gonna read this post)

a month from now, a good friend of mine's getting married and i'm one of her bridesmaids. yep...i'm one of those "always-a-bridesmaid-never-a-bride" ladies. (don't get me wrong..i am not that desperate to get married......YET! Lol) and so, mom started harassing me to go back to the gym and work-out. she even made me a "program" that i am to do at least 3x a week so i can lose a few more pounds from my arms and tummy. i do have a 26-inch waist, no love-handles (on the sides) but my tummy can grow as much as that of a 3-month pregnant woman after a hearty meal. my guy friends tell me that i eat like a construction worker because i can finish 2-3 cups of rice and aside from that, i don't watch my meat-intake. and aside from that, i'm a sucker for sweets and potato chips.

i tried the program mom made for me and oh man...i almost can't get myself out of the bed when i woke up. I felt sore all over that i was so tempted to skip work. my arms, legs and tummy hurt so much that a slight cough made me cringe and curse like hell. of course, i know that there's no easy way to lose these flabs...unless i have lots of moolah and just go under a knife and let a good surgeon take them away. heheeh. (oh, how i wish...)

anyways...i know Mom knows best and i agree that i do need to lose a few more pounds but geesh...does it really have to hurt like that?

(sob)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi. i hope you don't mind if i ask kung how much yung waist wrap? i think i want one. :)

AskMeWhats said...

hey sis, yes it hurts so much especially if you never exercised much and suddenly you pushed yourself to the limit. Super sakit siya but only for a couple of days, you must continue to do the workout and time will pass you will just enjoy it and won't feel any soreness at all! I've been there, and came to a point that my body is so into working out that it doesn't hurt anymore and I have to change program! :) kaya mo yan sis! just try it gradually, lift light weights lang while watching tv, you don't have to force yourself especially with working women like us, who needed a rest at times :D Goodluck!

Iambrigitte said...

@bee, i forgot na eh pero it wont cost more than P150 :D

@askmewhats, oo nga sis eh. i'm soooo lazy to exercise. after work, i just wanna go to sleep na lang. but yeah, i guess i would need to find a way to mix mokap with exercise...para sipagin ako! heheh...thanks sis!

Liz said...

don't worry, sis.. it'll pay off. ;-)

just don't push yourself too hard.

Iambrigitte said...

thanks sis liz for the encouragement (sana lang talga, talaban ako) wehehhee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...