Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Best Eyeshadow Primer: NARS Pro-Prime Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base...

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion has been my go-to eyeshadow primer for years, until it just stopped working on me.  I think after they have changed their packaging from the sexy tube to the easy-squeeze tube, the formulation has been changed as well.  I'm not sure if they really did but one day, I just found myself having a hard time blending my eyeshadow and I can already see creasing after a few hours on my lids.  

I've tried different eyeshadow primers and though I've found a number that also works, I can say that to date, the one from NARS is the BOMB.

NARS Pro-Prime Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base


I like that it comes in this lightweight, white tube with a black cap. It looks so clean…BUT, it's actually a dirt magnet! Hahahaa!  After just a few uses, the white part of the tube is already full of makeup marks.  Oh well, it's just me.  
^_^ 

This is just my second tube.  Actually, it's my first because the first one was actually my Mom's.  I think another con for this kind of packaging is that you won't know how much product is left. So I won't know how long a tube would last. But I've been using this everyday since June and it doesn't look like it's gonna be finished soon.  Also it will be hard to get the last bits of the product unless you'd cut it open, which I did before with my UDPP.  




Just like the UDPP in its old packaging, this comes with a doe-foot applicator.  I dip the applicator twice, one for each eye.


It has a thin, creamy consistency just like UDPP but this one's thinner.  It looks white when swatched but when blended, it just disappears on the skin. 

It dries fast and leaves a matte, velvety-feel on the skin.  It really does the job of smoothing out the surface making the eyeshadow easier to blend.  It feels lightweight too!

 Since this goes invisible once  blended on the skin, it doesn't really color-correct in case you have discoloured lids. With UDPP and other eyeshadow primers that have a slight skintone tint, you can use them on its own if you just want to even out your eye area. If I'm just after color-correcting, I use NARS and then top it off with a thin layer of concealer and it helps keep that "lid wash" stay put as well.


with NARS primer - without NARS primer


And here are the swatches after I wiped them off with a wet wipe:
 Notice how the swatch with a primer underneath was able to retain some of its color.

freshly applied eye makeup - after more than 12 hours wear of eye makeup

Sorry about the difference in lighting but as you can see, there's definitely no signs of creasing on the lids.  The color intensity might have changed but the eye makeup is still intact. 

I'm not sure how much the exact price of this is because I just asked my Mom to buy it in Manila and have it sent to me here in the UAE. I think it costs Php1500. Definitely not cheap, considering it comes in just a small tube but hey, it works!  It's the best among all the eyeshadow primers I've tried so it's okay.  For somebody who wears eye makeup everyday and usually has a long day, this is a must-have.  

By the way, I'm just so happy that NARS will be available starting this October in Dubai. Yay, no need to ask Mom to shop for me.  I think they will have their first store in Dubai Mall. I'll update this post once I confirm this info.  I'm sure I'd be giving their store a visit once it opens, I need to buy a backup of this primer and replace my Orgasm blush which I accidentally dropped months ago. (Sniff!)  And well, I'd definitely check their other products too!  I'm eyeing their sheer foundations as well!

What I Like:
It's the best eyeshadow primer I've tried to date! No smudging, no creasing and definitely intensifies the color of the eyeshadow.
Feels light on the skin and I don't get any allergic reactions from using it.
I can also it on my under eye area and it also helps keep the concealer from creasing and sliding off my skin.


What I Don't Like:
The packaging is such a dirt-magnet.  Also, it makes it hard to see how much product is left and soon, I'll also realize that it will be hard to get the last bits of the product out.
The tube is small and for its price, it's expensive.  But since this product works, I really don't mind.

How about you, what is your favourite eyeshadow primer? And are you excited as I am now that NARS will soon be available here?


And here's a quick FOTD just in case you miss me:

^_^

Tata!

Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

5 comments:

Krisella said...

Have you tried Urban Decay's? Is it any better? Thanks. :)

Iambrigitte said...

Hi Krisella, I did mention that I've been using UDPP for years until it just stopped working on me. It was good, but I don't think it's as good as it was before. ^_^

Unknown said...

Hi Brigitte, have you tried other brands as well, like Urban Decay or something?

MJ Ching said...

Awesome review! I'm currently using my Benefit Stay Don't Stray as eyelid primer, but I found it to be a dirt magnet as well. I plan to try the NARS one once I run out.

Great blog! You're so pretty!

http://mjchingbeauty.blogspot.com/

Wannderzel said...

The packaging is so neat and simple

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...