Monday, September 8, 2014

FOTD: Warm Purples...


One thing i love about my workplace here is I don't get stared at when they see me with full makeup on.  Nor hear comments like, "Where's the party?" It's not because all the women wear makeup at work, because I still see a lot of girls in the office who don't wear makeup.  My fellow kabayans from another department don't wear makeup, but they don't make snide remarks, make me feel I'm so different or out of place.  I guess the people I work with now are more open-minded and they respect one's individuality. And those people (at least most of them) I used to work with  before?  Well, inggit lang sila. If not, well, I seriously can't think of another reason why they are like that. Or hmm, maybe they just hate it because I'm not a natural beauty like what they think or claim to be.  Maybe that's just it. So okay, unlike them, I'll try to respect whatever it is they think of themselves. 
^_^

I haven't posted an FOTD here for a while, so I'll have one now.  And maybe, more in the upcoming posts. And hopefully, a tutorial soon. (Yeah, right!)



Eyes:
In2It Brow Powder
NARS Pro-Prime Eyeshadow Base
MUFE Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow (used as eyeliner) + K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner 
Viseart Matte Eyeshadow palette (for the red brown, warm beige and black)
Beauty Pro Bridal Palette for the purple
Happy Skin Gel Eyeliner pencil for the waterline


Face:
Shiseido Pore Refining Primer
L'oreal Infallible Stay Fresh Foundation in Golden Sand
MAC Select Cover-Up concealer in NW20
Maybelline Stay Fit Concealer #20
Sephora 8HR Mattifying Pressed Powder #20


Lips:
MAC Marquise D'


My face is acting up again.  I have a bump each cheek. Hopefully this is just a purging stage because I've been using Clarisonic more often now.  Or maybe, the monthly visitor is on its way. Whatever it is, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will just be temporary and that my skin will continue to recover.  If you don't know yet, my skin went thru a nightmare after my last facial sometime in June.  I  had cystic acne all over and my skin was itching like crazy. My skin started to clear up after more than a month, thanks to some skincare products I've used that never fails me whenever I use them.  I'll talk about these products soon so stay tuned!

So, out of curiosity, how do you deal with people who give out snide remarks when they see you or other women wearing makeup?


Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oohh.. I hate that comment! One time at work, I was wearing purple eyeshadow, same look as yours, then someone told me "So kamusta naman ang purple eyeshadow?" with that tone ...

But me, whenever I see someone wearing makeup, I compliment them, especially if it's someone who doesn't normally wear makeup. And I'm usually in awe especially if they did a mean cat eye

Anonymous said...

I've had plenty of failed experiments with white eyeliner, but this one makes your eyes pop nicely. Love a good purple shadow. So versatile. :) --Matromao

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...