Thursday, March 8, 2012

Something New: NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Liquid Foundation


New Stay Matte But Not Flat Liquid Foundation
Provides full coverage of mineral enriched matte finish.  The oil-free and water-based formula is perfect for in the studio or all day long!

02 Nude

03 Natural

04 Creamy Natural

05 Soft Beige


i love that it comes in easy to squeeze tubes!  


Nude - Natural - Creamy Natural - Soft Beige

As you can see on the swatches, there's a shift of color from Nude to Natural.  And Creamy Natural seems to be the lightest on this set.  I think it's because the shade Nude is for the yellow-toned while the next ones are for the pinkish-toned.  

There are 15 shades available on the NYX website but our very own Digitaltraincase only has these 4 shades (for now).

Nude - Natural - Creamy Natural - Soft Beige


with just moisturizer + sunscreen
(and blemishes!)

 with a layer of foundation

As you can see, it has already covered the redness and some of the dark spots on my face.  I used a stippling brush in applying.  A little goes a long way and it blends on smoothly.  It kinda reminds me of MUFE HD liquid foundation.  


 after adding another layer on the blemishes, under the eyes and sides of the nose

I didn't use a separate concealer, and it did the job of concealing my nasty secrets!  Notice that it's matte, but not really MATTE.  That's why it's called Matte but not Flat! 
LOL!

Seriously, it looks like my fave MAC Match Master foundation.  Despite being matte, it doesn't give you that dull, flat look as if you have layers of powders on.  It's summer, and dewy look is in so this one's just perfect for the season.

 
(used Shu Uemura translucent loose powder to set)

I used Nude, and I am a MAC NC20-25 for reference.

The foundation feels light on the skin, looks natural and after wearing it for almost 8hrs now, my face still looks fine despite some oiliness on my forehead.  Of course this is something that my trusty oil-blotting sheets can take care of.  I didn't experience any allergic reactions too. 

For those with oily skins, it's still better to use a primer underneath to keep it from sliding off. I just learned that I have dry skin (which is really weird because my face still produces a lot of oil!) so I haven't been using any primer lately but with this foundation, my face still looks pretty decent after a long day.

I'll update this post if my initial take on this stuff changes.  But for now, I am happy with this and will use this as my daily foundation. 

Get this for Php450 from DigitalTraincase
^_^

tata!

12 comments:

ChicSassyMom said...

Oh nice! :) So pretty! I'll definitely grab one of these:)
It's a pleasure meeting you last time! :)

Best Regards! :)
Des of chicsassymom.com

PEACHY PINK SISTERS said...

I love the finish! And the coverage is really good! I wanna try it! ♥ Thanks for the review! :D

Unknown said...

I'm very intrigued by this new foundation from NYX but I think I'll need to wait for the other shades t become available. How does this fare against their HD foundation?

AskMeWhats said...

Jhengsky dear, aymiissshooo!


Alam mo, may model akong na makeupan and she told me she loves NYX foundation!!! :) I agree, ang ganda nga naman when I saw the coverage here!

Erika said...

does this have SPF?

curry.pond said...

Which one would best work for oily skin and has the best flawless coverage? Nyx Matte but not flat, Nyx HD studio photogenic or Mufe HD?

The Curious Zealot said...

does this dry on the skin or does it stay dewy without finishing powder?

Iambrigitte said...

thanks Sharrlyn !

'twas nice meeting you too, Des!

MakeupByAnna888, this one has a lighter feeling on the skin and easy to apply/blend too!

hey nikki amishoo too! oo love ko din some NYX foundies, cheaper na, ganda pa!

hi erika , no spf!

Iambrigitte said...

curry.pond i think the nyx matte but not flat and mufe hd is the same when it comes to the ease of application and light feeling on the skin, but MUFE is HD so it definitely is a lot more flawless in pics. when it comes to being less oily, i would go for nyx matte not flat.

as for NYX HD and mufe hd, i love the consistency of mufe better coz it's light.

Iambrigitte said...

The Curious Zealot, no need for setting powder IMHO. it gives out a nice dewy, not oily look.

candisseamoranto said...

That is why I love NYX.. how they came up with affordable yet good quality of makeup! Thank you for this review! <3

Much love! :)
http://andiamoranto.blogspot.com/

k@ye said...

Hi! I was meaning to try NYX matte foundation but Im not sure what shade best matches my skin. I use Mac NC37,.. can you suggest a shade that is close to that? I'd really appreciate your reply. Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...