Thursday, October 25, 2012

Product Review: Gluta-C Underarm and Bikini Skin Whitening Gel....

It has been more than a month since I started using this underarm whitening gel from Gluta-C (read about its launch here).  So did it work, or not?

I'll make you bitin muna, first let me tell you what the product is all about...
^_^

Gluta-C Intense Whitening Underarm & Bikini Skin Whitening Gel

Formulated with Glutathione, Vitamin C and Bellis Perennis (Daisy) Flower extract, it lightens dark spots, prevents melanin formation and visibly whitens underarms and darker toned areas (bikini area, inner thighs, elbows and knees) for even-toned skin.  
It also has Green Tea extract and other moisturizing agents to hydrate the skin, keeping it soft and smooth to the touch.   There's also protein to help slow down hair regrowth, reducing the frequency of shaving or plucking.  Hair grows back softer and thinner too, making coarse stubbles a thing of the past.




I think most of us suffer from uneven skin tone on our underarms and bikini area.  Lucky are those who don't!  


A lot of factors contribute to the darkening of these areas:

Wearing tight clothes and underwear.  
Excessive sweating or rubbing
Irritation from chemicals found in deodorants and anti-perspirants
Hormonal changes (ex: during pregnancy)
Shaving, plucking
Dead skin buildup
Improper hygiene

Honestly, my underarms used to be problematic.  It all started when I used a brand of deo back in my highschool days which made my underarms darker.  Add to that was my bad habit of plucking and shaving carelessly.  I used to end up with cuts, which would eventually darken.  So yeah, aside from my huge, weird-looking keloid on my left shoulder, my ugly kili-kili is another reason why I don't wear sleeveless clothes.  I did try DIY underarm whitening too.  Yeah, those (unbranded or not BFAD approved) peeling oils and creams being sold online?  I tried those too, and well, failed.  

Good thing I finally decided to avail laser underarm treatments.  I got scared at first, because I ended up with burnt skin (which I eventually realized to be just the hairs) but when I noticed that my hair grows back a lot slower, I decided to continue.  And I'm glad I did.  After 5-6 sessions, I would only have less than 5 (super) thin underarm hairs even if I don't undergo treatment for two months.  Less (or none at all) plucking and shaving made my underarm skin a lot lighter.  The ingrown hairs lessened too.  But I still have a problem with chicken skin.

I tried using some underarm creams, but most of them made my skin dry.  I even had allergies.  So when we were introduced to Gluta-C, I was a bit apprehensive.


Curiosity won, so I decided to give it a go.  Besides, it has natural ingredients and my Aunt swears by their facial products, so why not?
^_^

The result?
My underarms are a lot smoother than before, and this I noticed after just a week of using it twice a day.      I was actually touching my kilikili one night, really amazed of how soft and smooth it feels.  LOL!  I also love that I don't need to use a separate deodorant after.  With some brands, I would still need to use a deodorant after because my underarms would smell weird after it has dried.  No, not the anghit smell, but more of chemical-ish kind of smell.  With Gluta-C, my underarms feel and smell fresh.  

As for the whitening,  it did help too.  I don't have dark underarms (like I've used to) to start with anymore so I can't really rave on how it lightened dramatically.  But I can say I am SO amazed with how it made my underarms soft and smooth.  Promise!



I also love that you can use it on other parts of the body you want to lighten.  I've started using it on my elbows just days ago, and hopefully I'll see results in a week or two.


it comes in an easy-to-squeeze tube, so it's hygienic


it comes in a clear, gel form...

...that gets absorbed quickly after blending it onto the skin.  No sticky residue!  Won't even leave stains on your clothes.


the BEST part?
It's only Php199.75!


After I attended the launch of this product last September, I posted it on my Instagram account and one of my friends told me that her cousin is interested to try it.  She said her cousin really has dark underarms and has been on the lookout for effective products that will help her with her problem.

I was like, "How dark, is dark?" I was thinking of the usual: some areas are white, but there's a dark "shadow" probably on the upper or lower part. 

I asked her to tell her cousin to send a picture, and whoa...





Take note that she haven't tried any whitening products in the past.  She said that her underarms problems started when she was in college.  She doesn't remember using anything that might have contributed to it, but it just became darker and darker as the years go by.  It's not even hereditary, coz her mom's pits aren't like these.

Now, do you think Gluta-C would be able to help her?  Is there still hope?  Will her underarms get to see the "lighter side?" 
^_^

She'd been using Gluta-C for more than a month now.  And well, now you're probably as curious as me if it's working for her. 

Stay tuned and will update you in a few days.


Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (Iamsutil) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

31 comments:

Jillsabs said...

Now I'm really curious to see if Gluta-C worked for her. If it does, that will be such a good advertisement for Gluta-C!

Micmic's Corner said...

I can't wait to see the results! :)

http://michellemagramo.blogspot.com/

Nicole said...

Ooooh can't wait!!!

Unknown said...

Amazing! Can't wait for the results. I am also having the same problem, my UA darkened during pregnancy and haven't recuperated til now. I'll probably try this.

Thanks for sharing. :)

http://mariejaneroselljaime.blogspot.com/

Tara Cabullo said...

Napatingin tuloy ako sa kili kili ko. BLOG SOON PLEASE!=)

Iambrigitte said...

hahahaa, i'll post the after pics soon! :)

Crystal Gale said...

I also had that same cause of UA darkening...buwisit na Secret deo yan haha...I am really curious and will wait for your update :)

Unknown said...

where is the next post of this?
i was about to share that to my friend but you delete the the review >.<

Unknown said...

where is the next post of this?
i was about to share that to my friend but you delete the the review >.<

Unknown said...

where is the next post of this?
i was about to share that to my friend but you delete the the review >.<

Iambrigitte said...

OMG i didn't know what happened, the post has been deleted. i didnt delete it. i'll rewrite it again..so sorry!

jhela diva said...

hi brigitte... nice review1 effective sau yung gluta c!

RomelovesFrance said...

did it cleared or maybe lessened your chicken skin? im curious..

Miya said...

I'm curious to know the results!! Please give an updated review

maecel said...

yeah, this blog is half year ago, where's the result? :)

Unknown said...

hi there.. i used this product for like 2 weeks.. i didn't see any result. my underarms are still dark... :-(

I'm tired of looking for products that really work.

Leonita Nerisa said...

Beli dimana nih kalo di Jakarta? pengen nyoba juga :P

Love, Leonita
www.blackblueblizzard.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

great points altogether, you simply received a new reader. What may you recommend about your post that you just made a few days ago?
dark armpit

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TisCharmedLife said...

You can order this effective UA whitening and peeling set for only 250php. Here's the Facebook page: http://adf.ly/W0V4z I swear it is truly effective!

Ann said...

Whats the update??

Iambrigitte said...

to all those asking for the conclusion, here it is: http://www.iambrigitte.com/2012/11/product-review-gluta-c-underarm-and.html

i haven't talked to her regarding her armpits (may have to try reaching out to her soon for updates, though) so I don't really know. i am still using this gel, though not everyday, and it did really help with the chicken skin. as for the lightening, my pits aren't really dark so i can't really say. :)

Unknown said...

جسم کے غير ضروری بالوں کا مکمل خاتما ہميشہ کے ليے
حکيم سہيل
03224745744

Our product permanent hair removing cream has been made especially for removing hair permanently off your desired part of body. This does not require anything and applying the cream simply does the work. It is natural because the cream has been made of herbs and the best possible ingredients to remove hair permanent, which does no harm, and the hair can be removed easily.
Step 1: Remove hair from root with waxing or plucking
Step 2: After removing the hair from root apply cream immediately
Step 3: After few days when weak hair appear again.
Step 4: Then You will repeat this practice again ( Step 1 and 2 ) untill hair stop permanently
Step 5: May your hair permanent stop after 2 to 3 sessions
How Long Does it Take?
It does not take long enough and the results will be shown to you after a few days. The process is natural so there won't be any problems and you can get rid of unwanted hair after less time.
Your Privacy is Secure!
When you order the permanent hair removal cream and tell your details for the delivery of the product, you can sure that your personal information is confidential and is secure with us.We never mention our company information and product info on courier packing.
Purchase Risk Free Today!
The use of the permanent hair removal cream is risk free and there are many benefits of the cream. If you are not satisfied by the results, you can get your money back

Pragnya Engineers said...

I used to pluck my underarms to remove the hair but after a while of doing so it looked swollen and rough so I switched to shaving with a razor but then I noticed that my armpits were shades darker than before. Now I apply 'Qraa Underarm cream' and its very effective. I found this product from the following website, http://qraaunderarm.com/

Unknown said...

Best Treatment for dark underarm visit https://www.facebook.com/pg/nworldbyrynuelz/photos/?tab=album&album_id=334689930224587

proven and tested, safe and effective

Unknown said...

Hi. Where I can find the next part of this post. I'm so curious what happen after she use it.

Belo Product Cancer and Events

Saxton Hale said...

Thanks for making a review of the underarm whitener, If you happen to come across reviewing Gluta C's whitening lotion, try to do so, they're touting it as an effective skin whitening lotion in the Philippines.

Anonymous said...

This is really a good and informative blog.
Kolors clinic offers permanent hair removal of unwanted hair for men & women. The Facial hair removal and full body hair removal treatment at Kolors is the best laser hair removal treatment clinic.

Shishi said...

Hello can you send me the link where i can see the results? Thanks

Unknown said...

Is it safe for pregnant woman?

Dominick said...

I think we should take some good quality of vitamins and antioxidants every day to keep our body fit and perfect. But without taking any normal vitamins or antioxidants we should take liposomal antioxidants. And you'll get this fro canadian vitamin shop also from there you'll get all real product with reasonable price.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...