Monday, September 8, 2014

Product Review: Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover (The Makeup Eraser)...

For today, I have another review for you, but first let me tell you how my weekend was. Usually it's all about house chores,  sometimes a movie/dinner date with the hubby and well, a whole lot of cooking.  Speaking of cooking, I haven't cooked in two weeks!  I miss my cooking.  I'm not saying I am a good cook but so far, those who have tried it says I'm good. So I guess, I am good? Hahaha!  Anyways, going back to my weekend: I got drunk! Homayghad, I can't remember the last time I got so drunk. Hubby and I went to the building next to ours to celebrate a friend's birthday over lunch.  It was just for lunch and hubby and I both thought it'll just be quick. But boy oh boy, we were so wrong.  After lunch, the girls were able to talk me into drinking and come late afternoon, I was already intoxicated.  We had cans of beer and a bottle of Tequila! It got me all so happy and I think I was laughing my head off the whole time. The hubby let me drink to my heart's content and even took care of me when I started throwing up right after we got home.  He made sure I drink a lot of water and cans of sports drink so I don't get dehydrated.  He even volunteered to whip up some early breakfast (around 4am) because I think he might have heard my tummy grumbling after throwing up everything I've eaten that day.  I woke up before lunch the next day and to my surprise, there was no hangover. So the secret to not getting a hangover is water. But then again, I think I'll hold off on drinking for now. The actual drinking is enjoyable but the aftermath, no fun.

Anyway, going back to my review.  I know I've reviewed a lot of makeup removers in the past, specifically eye makeup removers, but these has got to be one of my essentials since I wear eye makeup most of the time. Five times a week, to be exact!  And most of the stuff I'm wearing are waterproof. I love the good 'ole Ponds cold cream but for the eyes, I need something that will do the job in half the time. 


SEPHORA Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
(The Makeup Eraser)

I got this at the same time I got my Clarisonic at Sephora in Abu Dhabi Mall. My Happy Skin makeup remover is almost finished and so I figured it's time to try a new one. I got this for AED37 and me thinks it's priced just fine.  


According to Sephora:

It is a waterproof eye makeup remover suitable for contact lens wearers and those with sensitive eyes.  
It has a lash-strengthening complex rich in flavonoids and olive wood extracts
It has HydroSenn+ that helps in moisturizing the eye area 
It has Cornflower extract to soften and soothe skin and Pro-Vitamin B5 to support natural cell renewal and for moisturization
It has no Parabens, Sulfate and Phthalates


To put it simply, this is not just a makeup remover, but also a skincare product as well.
^_^



Packaged in a transparent plastic bottle (which is so Brigitte-friendly, LOL!) is a bi-phased liquid that needs a bit of good shaking before you use it.  It also has the ingredients listed at the back of the bottle and also an indicator that this product expires 6 months after opening. Too soon? I don't think it would be a problem for me though since I'd be using this baby everyday.


It comes with an opening that dispenses just the right amount of product. 

Make sure to give it a good shake before using


After shaking, pour some product on a cotton


Then put the cotton pad on the eye area for a minute or less (to loosen the makeup) then gently slide the cotton down to remove makeup.  Usually, I do this twice for each eye then gently wipe off what's left.  But I swear, it really does take my eye makeup off, as in totally!

This is usually how much eye makeup I wear daily.



And this is how my eye are looks after using this makeup remover:



Eye shadow - gone!
Mascara - gone!
Eye liner gone!

Even the concealer + powder on the under eye area is gone!

And it does take off a lash or two, too!
^_^

Wahahaha, just kidding.  A lash fell off but certainly not because of the makeup remover.  I guess I need to use more of this so my lashes will be a lot stronger!


I was surprised to know that this baby didn't work on some people. When I posted a photo of this on my Instagram, two commented that it didn't work for them.  Honestly, this is one of the best makeup removers that I tried.  

What I like about it:
It gets the job done…fast and easy!
It doesn't sting and doesn't give me allergic reactions.
It doesn't leave me with a blurry vision.
It has no scent.
It's not oily.
It's not too expensive.
You don't need a lot of product. No need to get a cotton pad soaking wet so this bottle will last I think for 3 months or more even if you use it everyday.
The bottle is made of plastic. It's light and I don't have to worry about breakage just in case I drop it.


What I don't like about it:
NOTHING.


Will I buy again?
Yes. But I will not stop trying out other eye makeup removers! 
^_^


For my face, I still use Ponds cold cream then remove everything off with wet wipes.  I love when I massage my face prior to washing my face.  

How about you, what's you current favourite makeup remover?


Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

2 comments:

Beauty by Tellie said...

I love this makeup remover :) The most reliable choice for waterproof or whatever super durable eye makeup I have on. Minimal effort pa!

The Beauty Junkee said...

SUPER FAVORITE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...