Monday, October 26, 2015

ColourPop Cosmetics Ultra Matte: Swatches and Review


Ah, ColourPop Cosmetics...I've been hearing and reading about this brand for a long time now, but I only decided to get myself some when I saw Beverly posted on Instagram some of the lippies that she order straight from the ColourPop Cosmetics website.  Hahaha, fine...inggit po ang pinagmulan. But seriously, I've been wanting to try some of their stuff for the longest time. I guess all I needed is a nudge from a fellow makeup junkie, tee-hee!

Anyway, after a few more checking out of swatches online, I gave my orders to Beverly (because she realized she didn't have enough yet, and wanted to order more LOL) and waited for my new toys to come. And so they did!  I only got the lippies, but I am this close to ordering their eyeshadows too! And so without further ado, here are the swatches of the 6 shades that I got from the ColourPop Cosmetics Ultra Matte Lip range.

ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip
ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip
(Bumble - Midi - Ouiji - Solow - Trap - Tulle)
These are liquid lipsticks that dries to a matte finish. Just like any other matte color, you have to make sure that your lips are well-exfoliated first. Instructions say that your lips should be bare and dry prior to application, but I tried doing that and it didn't turn out good. So what I do is right before I start with my skincare and makeup, I apply my lip balm first and then proceed with the rest of my routine. I always apply my lip color last, so by that time I am finished with everything else, my lips are already moisturized and the balm is not just sitting on top of my lips.
ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip
Bumble - Midi - Ouiji - Solow - Trap - Tulle


ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Bumble
Bumble

ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Bumble
Bumble is a warm, midtone pinky-brown color which I think is a nice everyday lip color. This gorgeous shade is enough to make you look polished even if you decide to skip eye makeup.



ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Midi
Midi

ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Midi
Midi is a cool, grayish-pink kind of nude.  I look totally washed out when I wore this, so maybe I'll just resort to mixing this with a darker shade. 

ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Ouiji
Ouiji

ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Ouiji
Ouiji is a bright coral lip color that will look good on those with fair skin tones.  I am not really a fan of coral lip colours though but I love how it instantly brightens up the face.  Me thinks I should try wearing this more often so I can get used to it.  Besides, I am getting bored with my usual lip colors already. It's time for some change....or not. Hahaha!

ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Solow
Solow

ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Solow
Solow is a lovely nude pink and is my favorite shade in this bunch. Oh yes, there goes my addiction to nudes again! I totally see myself wearing this on most days. It's a lip color you can match on almost all makeup looks.

ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Trap
Trap

ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Trap
Trap is a gray taupe shade with lilac undertones.  This shade reminds me of the LA Splash Lip Couture in Ghoulish, but this one's a tad lighter. It's a pretty shade, but I am yet to muster up all my courage so I can bring myself to wearing it outside. For now, this lippie is for picture-taking or selfie purposes. Hahaha!

ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Tulle
Tulle

ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Tulle
Tulle is dark, burgundy shade which is a lovely color for fall. Honestly, I think this shade makes me look older.  It's pretty, but I guess it's not my color.  

Just like the other matte liquid lipsticks that I tried in the past, these start off glossy and quickly dries down to a super matte finish.  Once dry, they become smudgeproof, transfer-proof and kiss-proof (well, only with the back of my hand as the hubby doesn't like kissing me with my lipstick on, LOL!)  They don't have any smell, they don't taste anything either and they are surprisingly lightweight.


Solow is the only shade that I've worn for an entire day so I really can't say that all of them are longwearing. As for Solow, I applied it around 9am and by 8pm, I still have most of the color on my lips. There's an obvious color-loss at the center and the lines are much more pronounced. My lips looked dry, but surprisingly it didn't feel dry.  I reapplied a very thin layer and it was a success.  Hahaha! But admittedly, it didn't look as good as when I first applied it in the morning. I think I need to moisturize my lips again first but I know that swiping on some lip balm prior to another layer will just mess it up. But I'm happy that it survived a day of drinking and eating, until I had fried chicken for dinner. That pretty much caused the lipcolor to flake off, which I think is normal...at least when compared with the other liquid lipsticks that I tried.

Most of the shades that I have are easy to apply and are pigmented, except for Ouiji.  It's not as pigmented as I expected it to be and applying on another layer made it look patchy.  

But overall, I like these lippies.  My vote still goes to the LA Splash Lip Couture and Liptint if you'd ask me to choose because of their pigmentation, ease of application and variation of shades. But since these babies are way cheaper at $6 (as compared to $14 of LA Splash), then I won't dare complain.  

By the way, ColourPop Cosmetics don't ship directly to UAE. My friend Beverly had it shipped to a US address initially then sent to UAE. There are online sellers here in the UAE but our order still turned out cheaper even with the tax and custom charges.  

I also got some shades of the Lippie Stix and I'd be sharing my swatches soon, so stay tuned!  
^_^


Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

1 comment:

The Pout Painter said...

I am so getting Bumble now. I wasn't sure about but that's my colour!
-Fizzah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...