Thursday, October 29, 2015

ColourPop Cosmetics Lippie Stix: Swatches and Review

And because I am sort of in a lippie roll these days, here's another set of lipstick swatches (plus a bit of review) for ColourPop Cosmetics.

ColourPop Cosmetics Lippie Stix
ColourPop Cosmetics Lippie Stix
(USD 5)

I wish I could go and buy all the shades available, because they all look so purrty even on my screen, but oh well...
^_^

ColourPop Lippie Stix in Brink
Brink
(Warm Dusty Taupe, satin)

ColourPop Lippie Stix in Brink swatch

Brink as per ColourPop, this is the "Kylie Lip." I really can't say though because from most of the photos I've seen of Kylie, she's wearing something which is darker. To me this is a light, muted pink brown which is an MLBB kind of shade.  I like this color because I can apply it even without looking and it won't really be that obvious if the application is not even.  I can see myself applying this when I'm rushing off to meetings and I don't have time to check myself out in the mirror.  This is pigmented even on the first swipe and has the right amount of creaminess for easy and even application.




ColourPop Lippie Stix in Button
ColourPop Lippie Stix in Button
(Pale Creamy Nude, Satin)

ColourPop Lippie Stix in Button swatch
Button for me is a pale peachy-pink nude which comes off sheer and has the tendency to emphasize the lines on your lips. So if you have perpetually dry lips like mine, make sure to exfoliate and moisturize first.  I use the MAC Prep and Prime for the lips in cases like this and it's a total life (or lip) saver!

ColourPop Lippie Stix in Button swatch


ColourPop Lippie Stix in Clique
ColourPop Lippie Stix in Clique
(True Orange Red, matte)

ColourPop Lippie Stix in Clique swatch
An almost spot-on dupe for MAC Lady Danger, this shade instantly brightens up the face. I am not a fan of orange lip colors, but I think I'm going to make this one an exception. This is a great pick-me-upper if you feel like you're looking blah.  Formulation is matte, but it's not at all drying and the pigmentation is really great too. I was supposed to give this to my Mom, who's a fan of punchy orange lip shades but I've changed my mind. LOL!


ColourPop Lippie Stix in Clique swatch

ColourPop Lippie Stix in Dahlia
(Deep warm burgundy wine, matte)

ColourPop Lippie Stix in Dahlia swatch
This is my perfect "Intrimitida look " lip shade!  I am totally digging this shade. It remind me of MAC Diva but though they are of the same formulation, which is matte, this one's not drying at all! I love, love this shade. I usually go for nudes but lately I'm being a fan of dark, vampy shades. I want those deep, dark wine shades like this though...not reds.

ColourPop Lippie Stix in Dahlia swatch


ColourPop Lippie Stix in Frida
ColourPop Lippie Stix in Frida
(Warm midtone nude pink, satin)


ColourPop Lippie Stix in Frida swatch
A tad lighter dupe of MAC Please Me, so this one definitely hits the spot!  I won't say this is another MLBB shade for me as this is obviously light for my skin tone but this shade would perfectly match my heavily made up eyes on most days. Or simply when I would want to sport a pacute-look.  If I'm still doing makeup on brides, this is one lip color I would definitely suggest them to wear.


ColourPop Lippie Stix in Frida swatch


ColourPop Lippie Stix in Heart On
(Bright cool-toned magenta, matte)


ColourPop Lippie Stix in Heart On swatch
First look at the stick and I was like, "Oh noes!"  But after wearing it, I was all "Oh yes!" Hahahaha!  I ordered this just because I wanted something different in my list and I'm happy to say I did make the right decision. It's so bright and cheerful. I feel like dancing whenever I put this on. LOL!  I wore it for an entire afternoon, checking out if the shade would remain true (I am acidic, just so you know) and it didn't. 


ColourPop Lippie Stix in Heart On swatch

ColourPop Lippie Stix in Skimpy
ColourPop Lippie Stix in Skimpy
(Soft pale nude beige, glossy)
ColourPop Lippie Stix in Skimpy swatch
This could have been my favourite among the bunch because this is nude, but I wish it's not as glossy as it is and doesn't look streaky when applied. Maybe if it's matte then it's a spot-on.  This baby reminds me of my most favourite nude lippie, Peachstock by MAC.  But I still like it.  I'll try to find a way to make it look more solid on my lips because this would match perfectly with heavily made up eyes.

ColourPop Lippie Stix in Skimpy swatch

Brink - Button - Clique - Dahlia - Frida - Heart On - Skimpy

I've only worn Clique for a good 3-4 hours last weekend and it did stay put, with very minimal fading. And that's even after I had a meal, mind you.  There's a bit of waxy feel, but overall, they still feel light on the lips.  There's also a bit of vanilla scent in them, which I really don't mind at all.  

I wish that the lippies come in chubbier sticks though because I just feel that they will break easily.  But overall, I am liking them. They are pigmented, they last fairly long and they are cheap.  What else can one ask for?   Oh well, I think I am actually liking them too much that I am planning to buy more.

Goodluck to me!
^_^
Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...