Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The #LUSHCHRISTMAS2015 Event


A few weeks ago, I was invited to attend the #LushChristmas2015 event where Lush would be showcasing their new Festive Collection together with their all-time favorites. The brand is also celebrating their 20th Anniversary, and I bet every one can say that they have really gone a long way: from starting out as a family-run business in 1995 with just one shop in UK until they became a global cosmetics phenomenon with more than 900 stores in 49 countries.

It was not my first time to attend a LUSH event and after having a blast at the first one, I just knew that I shouldn't miss out on this next event.


Christmas in September? Why the hell not!?
^_^

On a huge display is the brand's timeline 

As soon as I entered the location, I knew I'm in for a treat.  I love the fact that the people from both the PR agency as well as from the brand itself are so warm and friendly. When I told them my name, one of them even said, "Oh yes, you are Brigitte!"  I'm not saying she knows me personally or that she reads my blog ha.  It just felt like she knows me, or something of that sort.  
^_^




ALL guests were taught and given a chance to make their own bath bomb, and take them home too!

I fell in love on the first sniff of this Dirty Springwash Shower Gel. I just love anything that smells and feels fresh and minty. 


makeup, anyone!?

I've only tried their liquid lipsticks and my god, they didn't disappoint!  They are so amazingly pigmented and they stay on!


See those kiss marks on the wall?  Those are from the guests to show their support to the brand's Cruelty-Free Campaign. As you might already know, LUSH operates a strict policy against animal testing and also supports Fair Trade and Community Trade initiatives.

If you follow me on Instagram, I posted a video of me while I was leaving a mark on the wall. So fun!


They are also having a campaign against using Palm Oil.  Palm Oil production is the primary cause of rainforest loss. If no action will be done, 98% of the Indonesian and Malaysian rainforests will be wiped off.  So to reduce the demand for Palm Oil, Lush reformulated all of their soaps to remove the palm oil and invented a new palm oil-free soap base made from coconut and grapeseed oils.


Their Inhale/Exhale Perfume


Peace Massage Bar 


Guests were treated to a quick, but luxurious arm massage using the Peace Massage Bar which is made of organic shea butter. I was able to try it and my knees went weak!  I love how my skin feels so soft after and the scent...heavenly!

#couldyouliveinyourbathtub

The brand is also helping to raise public awareness of how animals suffer in captivity by confining orcas in aquariums to be used for shows like those in Sea World. They are trying to get more petition from people to say No to the plans of putting up Sea World here in Dubai.  To live in a confined space is like living in your bath tub. If you can't imagine yourself doing that, then do you think these orcas are happy living in those huge, enclosed aquariums all their lives? Captivity is wrong. 



2015 Halloween Collection

I love that the products in their Halloween Collection are spooky, but at the same time cute! 


And now, let's experience Christmas 3 months in advance with their Holiday Collection:















They also have gift sets available. Want one? Then make sure that you've been nice this year and hope that Santa Lush will drop you a box or two.


I must admit that I am still a newbie with their products.   That's why I really appreciated that during the event, there are people from the brand itself who even flew in straight from the UK to help the guests get acquainted with their products.



















some cookies and refreshments













with Laxmi and Sachini  

It was indeed an amazing event and the time spent was worth it.  It was very educational and eye opening as well.  This is a one-of-a-kind event and by far the best event I went to this year. I've learned a lot about their products, the campaigns that the brand supports and even got the chance to make new friends too.  Now that's one event I don't think anybody should say No to.

And as if the time we spent in the event isn't enough yet, our friends from Lush also made sure we didn't go home empty handed:






I am in LUSH heaven!

I've tried my first bath bomb night ago and I loved it!  Now I understand why a lot of people get addicted to LUSH.

Thanks again, Lush and Q Communications for the invite.  I had a great time and I'm sure everybody else did.

Stay tuned for upcoming reviews!


Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)\

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...