Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello, 2014!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Oh boy, can you believe that it's 2014 already!?  Time flies soooo fast, it was just like yesterday  when I first greeted you a happy new year via this blog the first time. And now my blog has been running for more than 6 years already!  I am really keeping my fingers crossed that I'd be able to update more often or at least get back to how much I've been blogging when I first started.  I'm not gonna make a promise, but I will try…harder!  I'm still pretty new around here so I don't have much access to a lot of things I had access to back in the Philippines but I'll see what I can do to make you visit this blog and not be like "..she's so boring!" (laughs) 

Anyways,  I want to give you some of the highlights of my 2013..and the best way to do that would be thru photos.  I've already posted this in my Instagram and Facebook, but just in case you haven't checked it, here it is:






1. After 33 years of having straight hair, I decided to have my hair permed.  I did it the first time last January and had the second one last June.  I don't recommend getting a perm in just a few months after,  it will REALLY make your hair dry.  Matigas lang talaga ulo ko!
^_^

2. My Mom got sick and though I'm not really thankful about it, the positive thing about it is we got a lot closer. She stayed in my place for a few days every week for months (for her checkups and therapies) and I felt like being baby'd again!  (laughs)  She cooked for me, organized my stuff and a whole lot more.  

3. I got introduced to juicing.  

4. I got to work with a lot of brands and even met some people behind the brands.  I also got closer to some of the bloggers I've been online friends with for a long time. It was a whole lot fun going to events because of them!

5. I had the opportunity to be a model for a day for the Vaseline Summer Campaign.

6. I've finally realised that no matter how hard you try, there would be people around you who'll take advantage of you.  People who'd pose as your friends when in fact, they are just trying to fish info from you so they can have something to get busy with in their non-sense and non-exciting lives. I had a hard time letting go of these people, but slowly, I am doing it and will continue to do so because I will no longer welcome abusive people in my life.  What comes around, goes around so I just wish them to get what they deserve.  Now, I know who my true friends are.  They may not be so many, but at least, I know they are real friends.

7.  I finally got my braces removed after almost 8 years!  

8.  I got a US visa and finally got to travel in the US. I've been to New Jersey, New York, Washington, Indiana and California in my one-month stay and spent time with my in-laws. I also visited places I only got to see in movies before.  

9.  Had more cutie inaanaks this year:  Miguel, Charly, Rye Rye.  Oh, Ninang will make it up to you when I get home na lang ha!?  Also met, though not in person but thru Skype, Nikki's baby Kyle.  

10. I finally made the decision of joining my husband in Dubai so I resigned from my job of almost 4yrs, moved out of my condo where I lived for almost 3yrs and said bye for now from my life in the Philippines.  Now, I'm here in Dubai still adjusting, still unemployed..but hopeful and welcoming to whatever that will come our way. It's a really big adjustment to me (and perhaps to Mr. X as well, to have his stubborn and moody wifey around hahhaa) but I honestly got to discover a lot of new things about me.  Like, I know how to cook pala! (thanks to Google and the endless exchange of txt messages to my Tita Wheng) Hopefully, I'll go back to working this year.  If not, I'll just continue to be a good cook and take care of the hubby…and yes, focus on my blogging and probably take my long overdue certifications.  Hay, I wish I'll stop procrastinating na!


So how did I celebrate the New Year's Eve?  Here's how:


It's been a while since I last dolled up my nails…but for the sake of NYE, I decided to come up with polka-dotted nail art.


Good thing my Mom sent me my nail-dotting tools.  Hopefully, I'd be able to start collecting nail polishes again and practice more on doing nail arts.


2014's colour is Radiant Orchid…and here's my makeup look to welcome the new year:

Before leaving the house to be with friends we're going to celebrate the NYE with, I skype'd with my family…and salivated over their Media Noche!

skype-ing with my equally crazy sis

ohhh, I really miss my Mom's macaroni salad.  I only got to have that every NYE…I'll make sure I'll have some, no..LOTS of it next NYE.
^_^


the hubby and I's last selfie for the year



spent time with friends for dinner

had a few drinks too!



Before 12, hubby and I went out to watch the fireworks.  Dubai was up to beat the World Record, and I'm sure they did!


We had to park elsewhere and walk to a good spot where we can watch the awesome fireworks display.  We had to walk thru a flyover tunnel and the hubby decided to take a few snaps of me…even asked me to act like I'm asking for a ride:



^_^

And how was our first day of the year went?

Well, we went home almost 4am so we slept until past noon.  We skype'd with the inlaws in the US and had canned sardines and tuna for lunch.  (laughs) I was too lazy to cook and I just wanted to sleep all day.

For dinner, this is what we had:

 so un-healthy to start the year, I knooow!

And a Burn Notice marathon too:



Hopefully tomorrow's a more productive day for me.  I'm all set to take a certification exam next month so I better start studying!  I've been putting this off for months, but now that I'm still unemployed, I better use all these free time to do something productive and beneficial to my so-called career.  Oh geesh, if you'd ask me, I'd rather take makeup classes instead of this geeky exams! (laughs)

Again, thanks to all of you for continuously supporting me and this blog.  I wish a better year for all of us: more happiness, love, success and moolah for more makeup..yes!? 

I love you all!



Hugs and Kisses, 

Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog! Sending love from http://saltyalley.blogspot.com/

Iambrigitte said...

thanks Alley!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...