Sunday, January 5, 2014

Radiant Orchid: 2014 Color of the Year...

Out with the old, in with the new.  With Pantone, the global authority on colour, it simply means goodbye Emerald and hello to Radiant Orchid as the year's colour.  


Radiant Orchid, a harmonious combination of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, is said to symbolize confidence, power, sexiness and vitality.   

Aside from Emerald being my birthstone, another reason why I love the colour is that it looks so great on my eyes.  It complements my brown eyes perfectly.  But, purple (as I would simply want to describe Radiant Orchid), is the next best thing to match those brown eyes.  

Checkout a few of the makeup looks I've done in the past using purples.  I'm sure I have more but these are just a few of my favourites. 
 









And here's a recent look I've done days before we said buh-bye to 2013:


MAC eyeshadow in Elektra (lids)
Vivid Purple from Beauty Pro's Crazy Colour palette
MAC eyeshadow in Vibrant Grape (crease)

I used to have a purple lipstick but I think I left it at home.  But yeah, I don't think my puckers are ready for purples just yet.  I think my lips are made exclusively for nudes.  But let's see. 


Oh by the way, one product I am so excited about this 2014 is Benefit's Lollitint:


I can't wait to get my hands on it!  I think it's gonna be launched here in the UAE around February.  Just in time for that perfect Valentines' Day look, no? 


How about you, are you as ecstatic as I am with this year's Pantone choice of colour? 
Let me know your thoughts!



Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...