Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Product Review: MAC Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation


 Care for another foundation review?  I told you, if there's one makeup stuff that I don't think I'd ever stop buying...that would be foundations.  Besides, it's a must for makeup artists like me to have a variety of foundations that I can use on my clients.  So yes, I am always in a look out for good foundations.  I make sure I try it out first on myself before buying for clients' use.  Like what I always say, personal use first!
^_^

For today, let me tell you about this another great foundation from MAC.  I got this some time ago and never got the chance to review it sooner.  I brought this with me somewhere, put it in a bag and then forgot all about it.  I didn't use bag again after that and just saw it again when I was rummaging through my closet. Yes, that's  just me and my messy stuff (and bad memory!)

 
MAC Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation
 A long-wear foundation that gives up to 15 hours of wear in any environmental condition. Lightweight and creamy, applies smoothly to provide sheer to medium coverage. Even in hot and humid conditions, controls oil to keep skin fresh, natural and flawless. Provides everyday SPF protection.
(product info from MAC


my shade is NC20

It has a lightweight feel than the MAC SFF foundation but it takes a while to blend.  I use a stippling brush to apply it all over my face, sometimes spritzing the brush with MAC Fix+ (or water) to make it easier to blend because it dries up a bit faster. 


 
i love that it comes with a pump!


Before:

you can see there's a lot of redness and pimple scars...so by all means, keep your hands away from your face!  stop pricking and let your trusted dermatologist take care of your pimples!
(yadah yadah)


after a layer of foundation:


NC20 looks a bit lighter on me, but I am terribly acidic. It'll match my skin soon, trust me.

With just one layer, it already helped in minimizing the redness on my skin.  It also helps in making the pores less visible.  I apply another layer on my cheeks or on parts I need more concealing.  I use a separate concealer for the undereyes.


After the rest of my makeup routine:



 (used Shu Uemura loose finishing powder to set)

Finish is light to medium, but is buildable so it's pretty good to conceal problem areas.  It's not flat matte, but not oily...just dewy enough.  When applied and blended correctly, it can look pretty natural and the best part?  It really is long wearing and transfer resistant too!  My t-zone gets oily so I always use blotting sheets and the foundation stays put as long as I "blot" and not actually "rubbing." 

Again, it dries up easily so you better be quick in working on it.  Better to apply on a freshly moisturized skin for those with drier skins.  It tends to emphasize dry areas so moisturizing is a must.  I have oily skin but I make sure to moisturize first, let it soak for 2-3 minutes then I apply this.


after 11 hrs:


I didn't experience any allergic reactions and my makeup stayed from 10am until 9pm.  Of course there's some fading, but not like when I'm using other foundation.  I didn't retouch (just my blush),  and just used oil blotting sheets the whole day to take care of the oilies.

I am pretty much liking this foundation.  I had a friend buy this for me in the US so it's priced at $29+ (plus tax). I think it's already being sold locally, I'm just not sure how much but probably the same price with SFF or a bit higher?  

There's nothing I don't like about it actually.  So I might be getting more for my clients.  It's really a good long wearing foundation and is good for those who want to have their makeup stay put without opting to go for airbrush makeup.
^_^

 and here's my (lazy) EOTD:





4 comments:

Issa said...

it is indeed long wearing! nice review... btw, i love the shade of your nail polish! :)

Jamilla Camel said...

This foundation is incredible on your skin! Great FOTD!

Unknown said...

Pro long wear is an awesome foundation and i always recommend this foundation to customers who have oily skin. Beware though, it does have SPF which reacts to the flash in cameras and leaves a white sheen on photographs. Its great for daily wear but not for events in which clients will be photographed (weeding, prom,etc). :)

SophisticatedGlam said...

I wanna try this and I'm acidic as well so I don't know what shade to get. I'm usually nc30-35. Should I go 2 shades lighter if i'm nc35 now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...