Friday, January 20, 2012

Something New: Colorburst Revlon Lip Butters

Oh yes, I'm still alive and kicking dearies! I got back from vacation a few days ago and sorry for the lack of updates for 2 weeks. If you've been following me on Twitter, you'd know that I had a great time at that "far away place." I'll try to post some more pics and probably some reviews on some hotels/restaurants we've been to but for now, let me first tell you bout something that I got recently. I bet these aren't that new to you anymore since they have been in the market for like weeks now (even months in abroad) but I just wanna share my two-cents on my current favorite lipcolor.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I've mentioned several times before, I'm not such a fan of lipsticks. Despite my face being an oil mine, my lips get a lot drier often, most especially when I wear lipsticks. There are certain brands I stick to though when it comes to lipsticks, but I prefer wearing lip balms more.


I've tried colored lip balms in the past before, but never really found one that would give me the moisture a lip balm provides plus the color that only most lipsticks can give.

Not until Colorburst Revlon Lip Butters...

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter
  • Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips
  • Contains hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula to boost lip moisture by 156%
  • Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth
  • Sheer to medium color with butter shine

(taken from the Revlon website)


cute, colorful packaging reminds me of candies!
so yummy to look at, and most of all, so addicting to use!

^_^


packaging also looks like that of the Colorburst lipsticks, but the cases are colored giving you an idea of the shade. if you take a peek at the top of the case, it will show the actual shade.


Creamsicle - Fig Jam - Lollipop - Sweet Tart


(with flash)

luscious looking tubes of buttery lip balms infused with great pigmentation and right kind of moisture
(at least for me!)



[L-R]: Creamsicle, Fig Jam, Lollipop, Sweet Tart


I don't actually agree that these are like butters...because unlike butters, these babies aren't greasy. There's some stickiness to it, but not the kind that can be annoying (like that feeling when you get when you eat lechon? LOL!)

they glide on the lips easily and the pigmentation is great. It doesn't last for more than 3hrs on me though, but I really don't mind reapplying...as I know I'm giving my lips some love whenever I use it.

there's a bit of (yummy, candy-like) scent on it that those who are sensitive to scents wouldn't like...but I surely don't mind. hmm, or maybe I should...since it makes want to reach out for it a lot more often.
^_^


Swatches on my lips:

Creamsicle


Fig Jam


Lollipop


Sweet Tart

So guess what's my favorite shade among the bunch? It's Lollipop! I love how it instantly brightens my face and makes me look polished even with just groomed brows and curled lashes.

Priced at Php525.00 for a 2.55g tube, this is more expensive than your usual tinted lip balm. But to have a lipcolor + lip balm at the same price of other lipsticks, this is already a good deal.

These have been provided for free (thanks Revlon!) but I am sure to repurchase Lollipop even before I get to finish this tube...and yes, I am definitely visiting Revlon counters to check out their other shades.

tata!

3 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

I am so sorry that I failed to get any of these in the US!! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I will get these soon! I'll probably go and get creamsicle. :)awesome review dear!

followed your blog :)

xoxo,

Iya

http://prettylittlepetite.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

i've got three of these already, di ko bet yung texture, mas trip ko yung colorburst LOL. pero parang gusto ko pa bumili ng isa pang shade hahaha yung tutti frutti hahaha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...