Friday, January 27, 2012

Product Review: Benefit Stay Don't Stray

When I was on my way to Dubai, I told myself that I have to make sure that I check out their malls because I was told that they have really enormous malls.  And geesh, it really is true.  Our malls here are no match with the size of their malls there.  A day really isn't enough to check out an entire mall.  But you know me, there's only one section I'd be interested to check out first...can you take a guess?
^_^

The funny thing is, when I should be checking out brands that aren't available locally, I check out those I'm familiar with first.  Well,  my reason is to compare the prices here.  And contrary to what I first thought,  makeup are much expensive there.  But thanks to Mr. X, I was still able to get a "few" stuff.

First, let me do a review on my favorite eye primer as of the moment:

Benefit Stay Don't Stray 
Stay-put Primer for concealers & eyeshadows
*This dual-action power primer works 360° degrees around the eyes to make concealers AND eyeshadows STAY PUT. Concealers don't crease, eyeshadows stay vibrant and true...you'll wonder how you ever lived without it! Comes in a neutral nude shade that is universally flattering and a custom airless pump that is sooo easy to use - just a dab'll do ya! Sodium Hyaluronate hydrates and fills in fine lines. Vitamins C & E help fight signs of aging.
(*taken from Benefit)

yes,  my dearies...what I got is a tester. Nope, I didn't steal it LOL!  I got it as a freebie when I got other Benefit stuff in Debenhams at Ibn Batuta mall.  The saleslady's a Filipina and she's just so kind to throw in freebies when I told her I'm a makeup artist back here.  And mind you, this tube is still half-full (or more!)  


Unlike other primers I have, this one comes with a pump making it more hygienic.  Packaging is really cute (of course, it's Benefit!) but what I don't like about it is tends to dispense way too much product. A little goes a long way so you don't really need to pump it on fully. Also, it would be great if we get to see how much product is left. 

swatch

as you can see, it's a bit thick so you really have to blend it well to avoid caking.

blended in


 
Left: with primer
Right: without primer

As you can see, it does really make a difference.  It makes the color pop and really does its job of keeping your eyeshadow stay.  

Here's another proof:

I've washed my hands and rubbed the swatches to see whether they would stay.  And yes, the one with the Benefit primer underneath passed the ordeal!  Thumbs up!

Now, on my eyes:

my bare lids

as you can see I have a bit of discoloration on my lids and on my under eyes.  and no matter how much sleep i get, it stays that way.  so yes, primers/concealers are my saviors!


I didn't use it on my undereyes.  But I will soon and will do a separate review for that.  For now, I just used it as an eyeshadow primer and I just love how it neutralizes the discoloration on my lids.  You can actually use it alone and you'll have fresh looking eyes even without makeup.



The primer, once well blended on the lids provide a smooth canvas for your eyeshadows so blending is a breeze.  Some primers are just too tacky and will give you a hard time blending your eye makeup making it look cakey.  There was a little bit of creasing the first time but it was because I didn't make sure my lids are dry first before putting the primer on.  So what I did the next time was I didn't put eyecream on my lids anymore (just on the undereyes) and made sure my lids are dry.  That did the trick and my eyeshadow stayed the entire time without any creasing.

I love this primer to bits and have been reaching out for it often. I am definitely going to get one after i finish my "free" tube.  I am not sure how much this costs here, and I wasn't able to ask how much it's being sold in Dubai but it costs $26 in the US (online store price). I must admit, I didn't bother checking this out at first because I still have a lot of eye primers...good thing the saleslady gave it as a freebie, yeyy!


10 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

I have discoloration on my eyelids - I should give this a try!

Crystal Gale said...

Sis, is this better than UDPP? ^_^

Sofia Gatchalian said...

How does this compare to the UDPP?

http://bucketofcoffee.blogspot.com/

kumiko mae said...

i super LOVE benefit stay dont stray! your post makes me miss it. i just thre mine away cause the formula separate na :(

Phoebe Limanta said...

Wow it made such a big difference!!

G said...

is this better than UDPP? i have oily lids and UDPP creases after half a day :/ any suggestions? :)

Iambrigitte said...

you should, Jamilla! for now, what eyeshadow primer are you using?

crystal the first time i used this, my e/s creased pa din...but when i took time to blend it and made sure my lids are free from any cream, no more creasing talaga. with UDPP, my e/s creases a bit pero usually mga 5-6hrs. What i love about this one is the product turns opaque and can really neutralize discoloration..you can wear it alone pa, to have that fresh look without eye makeup :)

Iambrigitte said...

you should, Jamilla! for now, what eyeshadow primer are you using?

crystal the first time i used this, my e/s creased pa din...but when i took time to blend it and made sure my lids are free from any cream, no more creasing talaga. with UDPP, my e/s creases a bit pero usually mga 5-6hrs. What i love about this one is the product turns opaque and can really neutralize discoloration..you can wear it alone pa, to have that fresh look without eye makeup :)

Iambrigitte said...

hi sofia! i love this more than UDPP..like what i said to Crystal, you can wear this alone and nga pala, i find it easier to blend e/s using this.

awww, sayang naman Kumiko! what happened? naging watery ba? how many years or months before it turned out like that?

yep, definitely made a difference, Phoebe! thanks :)

Hi Jelly, UDPP creases on me after 5-6hrs...with this, zero creasing talaga!

G said...

Oooh cool. I want one of those then haha
How about too faced eyeshadow insurance? Is it ok for oily lids?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...