Monday, February 9, 2015

Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener

It's half past one in the morning and I know I'm supposed to be sleeping by now but instead, I am here typing away.  I just wanted to share with you my current favourite nail care product that I've been using for weeks and which actually helped me grow out my nails again.

Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener
(AED 35)

Made with calcium and ceramic gel formula, this can be used alone or as a base coat.  I prefer using it on its own because I've tried using it as a base coat twice in the past and my entire polish peeled off after just a few hours.  At first I thought I might have applied too much of it and/or the nail polish so I tried once again (1 coat of this and 2 coats of the nail polish) and the same thing happened.  

As a nail treatment, I apply a single coat per day for 4 consecutive days (sometimes 5) and then remove it using an acetone. When I first used it for a few days,  I noticed that my nails aren't as bendy as they used to. I repeated using it again for the next 4-5 days and after the 3rd time I did it, I can hardly bend the tips of my nails. They are indeed stronger and noticeably thicker. And nope, it doesn't make my nails turn yellowish.  

Formulation is like any other top coats I've tried, it's not as thick as I've expected it to be. It dries quite fast and adds shine, thus making it a good top coat. I've used it as a top coat in the past, and unlike when used as a base coat, it doesn't make my polish peel off.

Have you tried this? I've read a number of negative reviews on this product, so I did have second thoughts of giving it a try.  Good thing I did!  This is one product I would continue to use because it really works for me.

How about you, are you also suffering from weak, brittle nails like I did in the past? Or have you found yourself your own miracle nail care too?  Spill the beans!
^_^


Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

2 comments:

sweet and spicy said...

Hi! Where did you buy this product? I have been having difficulty finding Sally Hansen products here in the Philippines.

Iambrigitte said...

Hi sweet and spicy, I remember getting Sally Hansen products at Watsons and SM Beauty Section when I was still in PH :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...