Sunday, February 8, 2015

January Glambox 2015

And, it's a Sunday once again! For those in this part of the planet, it means time to get our asses back to work. Weekend is over, my loves! And though I'm sure most of us pretty much wants to get stuck on the weekend, we gotta do what we gotta do. Don't fret, time flies so damn fast, it's gonna be the weekend again sooner than you expect it.

Today, I'm going to share with you last month's box from Glambox.  I know a lot of people have been continuously disappointed with the previous months' boxes, so let's see if last month's box deserves a thumbs up or a thumbs down.

 January 2015 Glambox

Bath and Body Works Fragrance Mist in A Thousand Wishes
(AED 35/ 88ml)

This is the brand's offering for Winter 2014. It has a festive blend sparkling champagne, crystal peonies and almond creme.  When I opened the box and saw this, I immediately took a sniff and I instantly fell inlove with the scent.  It's fruity but not overly sweet and the staying power is amazing.  I don't know but I sprayed it on around 11 in the evening and I can still smell it when I woke up the next morning.  I love it so much I've been wearing it on most days since I got it.  I'm gonna check out the perfume soon on a counter soon!




Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion
(AED 22/ 350ml)

 It's still a bit chilly here in the sandpit most especially in the evenings and so my skin gets a bit drier.  I slather a generous amount of body oil after a hot bath in the evening and still follow it with a very moisturizing body lotion to seal in moisture.  With this lotion, I can skip the body oil and just use this and still wake up with soft, smooth skin. One thing I didn't like so much though, is that the scent is too overpowering.  I've used their body oil in the past and I'm okay with it since I find its smell subtle.  But because of this stuff's moisturizing power, I'm willing to let my nose suffer. I don't get to smell it anymore when I'm already sleeping anyway.
^_^


Revivogen Bio-Cleansing Shampoo
(AED 90/ 360ml)

I've only tried this once so I really can't vouch for its ability to help with hair loss. And besides, I don't really suffer from hair loss/fall this days.  But what I like about it is that it makes my hair feel really clean. I use hair wax everyday and with this, I feel like the wax is being totally removed from my hair.  I'm gonna use this sample until I finish it and let's see if it will help my hair feel less fine.  


CHI Silk Infusion
(AED 195 for the full size, sorry no idea about the exact size)

This is a leave-in reconstructing treatment for the hair and is infused with pure natural silk, wheat and soy proteins. I haven't used this because I try to stay away from any leave-on treatment with the fear that it might keep my hair from being styled.   But I'm gonna try this soon and hopefully it's gonna prove me wrong.  If you have tried this, please let me know how it works for you.

Herbline Essentials SPF 40 Sunscreen Lotion

 I've tried this once on my face and neck on a makeup-free day and fortunately, I didn't experience anything unpleasant. I'll try it again beneath makeup and let's see how it's gonna work.


And just like other boxes, last month's box has a number of vouchers/coupons inside:





But honestly, I never got to use any of the vouchers that come with the boxes.  I'd rather have additional samples instead. 

So what do you think, is the last month's box worth it? Personally, I think it's not.  They should have included at least one or two full size of a product like the lotion and the fragrance mist  or perhaps a bigger size of the shampoo.  I also didn't like that there was no makeup inside the box.  I also hope they would stop including a sample sachet of products and have a travel-sized product instead.  I mean, I don't think you'd be able to get a good impression of a product with just a small sachet.  I honestly think Glambox should try to amp up their game a little bit more.  

Agree? Let me know you're thoughts.
^_^


Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...