Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Happy Skin Shut Up & Kiss Me Lip & Cheek Mousse...

My heart got broken the other day.  I wasn't able to hold back my tears that I ended up crying while waiting for a cab going home. I was so hurt and disappointed that when I got home, I cried my heart out. I was asking God, "Why me?" and "Why do you have to let me feel this way?" I know a lot of people have it worse but at that point, all I know is that I'm hurt and that I cannot take another disappointment in my life. I cried myself to sleep which is actually a good thing because sleep makes me feel a lot better. I woke up hours later still feeling sad but a bit more calm. I'm still hurting and though I can't promise that I'd stop hurting, I will try my best to do something about this situation that I am in now.  I really hope things will get better. If not, I just hope I'd be able to accept it without being hard on myself.

Anyway, I'd talk about it maybe soon (or maybe not) but for now, let's talk about something that makes me forget the not-so-good things in my life.  

When I first got my hands on the first Happy Skin products, I remember secretly wishing that they come up with more products soon.  I specifically wished that they come up with a lip and cheek tint and my oh my, they did! Actually, what they came up with is far better than what I hoped for.

Happy Skin Shut Up & Kiss Me Lip & Cheek Mousse
(Php 699)
Pucker up with a power product that gives you double-duty beauty! The Happy Skin Shut Up & Kiss Me Lip & Cheek Mousse is a lightweight product that can be worn both as a lippie AND as a blush! Wear it on your lips, or dot it onto the apples of your cheeks and blend for the ultimate flirty finish! Long-lasting and easy to blend, this 2-in-1 makeup must-have gives firmer, smoother, and better defined lips & cheeks to kiss!
I wished for something and they came up with something better!  That's how much they love me! Hahaha, I'm kidding. They knew that women love to multitask and so they want the same when it comes to their makeup.



Warm & Toasty - Swept Off My Feet - My Guilty Pleasure

See how pigmented they are?  When applying as a blush,  dab a dot or two and blend with your fingers.  Believe me, that's only how much you'd need per cheek.  If you don't feel comfortable using your fingers, you can always use a brush. But personally, I would advise using your fingers instead because the warmth from our skin helps in blending any product seamlessly.

Swept Off My Feet

This is a warm pink that is great for everyday use.  I've been reaching out to this baby almost everyday. I just love how it gives a rosy, yet natural-looking flush on my cheeks.  As a lip color, I can say it's one of my favorite MLBB shade to date.


(shade worn on both cheeks and the lips)

See how it brightens my face?  I get compliments from my colleagues whenever I wear this color at work.  One of them likes the color so much she asked if she can buy it from me. Hahaha!

My Guilty Pleasure

This is a bright red shade that is not for the faint-hearted. (laughs) Among the three, this is the most pigmented. When using this as a cheek color, all you need is one dot!  I made the mistake of dabbing on three dots the first time I used it and I seriously looked like a clown.  


(shade worn on both cheeks and the lips)

I rarely wear red on the lips, and if I do, this is the kind of red I'd be comfortable to wear. It reminds me of MAC Ruby Woo. On the above photo, I am also wearing it on my cheeks.    


Warm & Toasty

And the last, but definitely not the least and certainly my favourite among the three, is this peachy nude shade. If you don't know it yet, I'm a fan of dark (heavy) eye makeup and nude lips so this one's really right up my alley.

(shade worn on both cheeks and the lips)

Aside from its great pigmentation, I love the formula. As a blush, it blends easily onto the skin and changes to a powdery finish.  I apply it in the morning, after my liquid foundation and before powder. If I find the need to retouch, I just apply it on top of my makeup, blend and voila, I look all fresh again.  And no, it doesn't cake nor rub your powder off.  Among all the cheek tints I've tried, this by far is the only one that can be applied before and after makeup. As a lip color, I love that it feels light and moisturizing. When first applied, it appears shiny but turns matte as it dries.

Staying power is also good but I find that it lasts longer on my cheeks (despite me being oily) than on my lips. 

As with all other Happy Skin makeup, this has skincare goodness in it like anti-aging peptides, shea butter and collagen. And SPF15 too!

One thing I hate about it?  Actually not just about it, but with all Happy Skin products...they are not available here in the UAE!  Sniff. Sniff.  They do have an online store but I don't think they ship internationally. Hopefully they would do soon.  If not, then I just have to make sure to hoard their stuff whenever I go home to PH.  
^_^

I am so thrilled whenever this brand comes up with new stuff.  They just came up with new shades of their moisturizing lippie (inspired by Liz Uy) and yesterday, I've read that they now also have a blur cream (which won't be available in stores until March).  I can't wait for more amazing products from Happy Skin.  Seriously, they should consider selling outside PH or at least offer international shipping. Hmm...let's all cross our fingers for that, shall we?

Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

2 comments:

Pinay Flying High said...

Bleh! I was ready to ask you if it's available in GCC until I got to the sad part. :p

That's an awesome product! Cheek tint and lipstick all in one, very efficient and suits a lazy ass like me to bring lots of things when traveling. Love the last color.

PS You should've posted a photo of the three dot red on your cheek. Lol.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about your heartbreak :( I know it seems impossible, but you will feel better eventually!

On a positive note, I think I'm in love with these products! Wish we could get them in the UK - might have to check out the website and see if they deliver internationally haha!

Thanks for sharing :)
Charlotte xxx
www.dobeautywithcharlotte.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...