Sunday, December 29, 2013

Ultraflesh Shinebox Highlight and Shimmer Collection...

I remember going gaga over shopping at Strawberrynet some years ago.  I think that's where I got my first NYX products.  Aside from they offer an extensive selection of beauty products, they also offer amazing deals and discounts that I don't think nobody in their right mind would be able to resist.  Or maybe, it's just me.  Bleh!

Anyways, when I got an opportunity to try out a product from one of the brands they offer, I immediately said yes.  Besides, that's what my blog is for: trying out new stuff and sharing it with my dear readers (that's YOU!), with a promise that the reviews are mine and would remain unbiased, despite the product being sponsored.  


Ultraflesh Shinebox Highlight and Shimmer Collection, $39 (now on sale at $32)


Honestly, it's my first time to encounter this brand.  Maybe it's more known in the US or somewhere else.   


 


The box packaging looks ordinary, I actually thought that the inside won't be no different but I was wrong.  The palette itself has four different layers and each layer opens out like a fan…definitely a first in my collection.  




The first layer houses a beautiful golden skin-enhancer, perfect for warming up the skin this cold season.  I used to shy away from highlighters for the face because they tend to make me look oilier than usual but this baby's just too gorgeous to pass up.  The powder is not chalky at all, pigmented and has a good staying power.



The middle tray houses two cream highlighters, one is sort of yellow-toned while the other one is pink-toned.  They aren't too pigmented like the powder but they can provide a very pretty, yet natural looking highlight most especially on the apples of your cheeks and bridge of your nose.  You can also use this to highlight your brow bones, or as a lid wash for a clean, sophisticated eye makeup.  Don't forget to apply a layer or two of your favourite mascara for a more awake makeup look!



The third tray contains two and probably the most beautiful shimmer eyeliners I've seen: one in pink (nude shimmer) and one in white (secret shimmer). They are in mini sizes, and I mean, really mini!  I wish they come in larger sizes because they are just too pretty!  It's best to be used to highlight the inner corners of your eyes as well as your brow bones.  And it comes in a twist-up pencil making it easy to apply. They are also creamy in consistency, so they are easy to blend out to make it look more natural.


Me wearing the skin enhancer on my cheeks


Overall, I am pretty much impressed with this palette.  It's not often that you'd get to like everything in a palette, and this is one of those times.  I just wish the shimmer pencils are bigger in size!  This palette is definitely a keeper and would make a perfect gift for those who love highlighting products.  Take advantage of the discounted price at Strawberrynet and while you're at it, perhaps you might want to also check the other stuff this brand has to offer.



Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...