Thursday, December 12, 2013

Product Review: Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion...

I don't know about you but I just love applying lotion all over my body after taking a bath.  It's something I actually look forward to, as I love having the feeling of soft, freshly scented skin after.  But  yes, there are some who hates applying lotion. Aside from it takes a few more minutes of their time, they also say that what they hate the most is the greasy feeling.  

But moisturising is a must.  It's like giving your skin its needed drink.  And I'm sure you all know what happens if skin is dehydrated.  Definitely, not good.

If you're one of those who struggle to find the time or simply can't be bothered to moisturise, Nivea's latest breakthrough might just be what your beauty routine has been waiting for...

NIVEA In-Shower Body Lotion
A revolution in time saving and moisturising, our In-Shower Body Lotion gives you that silky-smooth feeling all day, every day. Simply apply to wet skin, rinse and towel dry as usual. Now you don't need to reserve supple skin days for special occasions only.




This product is designed to be used for wet skin to absorb the formula and claims to leave the skin silky soft without the need to apply a separate body lotion after a shower.

I first saw this on a TV commercial here in Dubai and the next day, I was already on my way to the grocery to get myself one.  I love Nivea products, have been a long-time user of their lotions and body creams and I wouldn't mind having this baby on board. Usually, I'd be a bit skeptical with body care products at first, but with a trusted brand like Nivea, I will never be.

There are two variants: the white one for Normal skin and this, the blue one for Dry skin.   Since I left PH, my skin got a lot more dry than the usual. And though I don't really mind allotting a few more minutes to moisturise after a bath, to cut my moisturising time in half is something I would gladly welcome with open arms. 




It comes in a plastic bottle (yay, no breakage!) with a flip-top cap and is designed to stand on its lid so the product drops down out of the bottle as you use it.  


It has a very creamy consistency with a nice, subtle scent…the exact typical Nivea scent that we all know and love.  It contains almond oil to soothe, relax and soften the skin.



How to use:

1. Cleanse your body with your usual body wash then rinse.
2. Apply the Nivea In-shower body lotion as you would do a lotion all over your body.  You'll be amazed as to how quick it gets rubbed in.  You can actually finish applying it all over in less than a minute!
3. Rinse. I would usually wait for a few more minutes before rinsing off but actually, you don't need to!
 4. Towel dry your body and you're ready to slip into your clothes!

Easy, huh!?

After rinsing, you'll be left with a slight slippery coating on your skin. I honestly spent more time (and water) trying to rinse it off but I realised it's just the almond oil. You don't need to totally get rid of that as it is designed to be like that in the first place, but don't you worry as you would know when you've had enough rinsing. Trust me!

I don't usually slip into my clothes immediately after a bath as I wash my face then brush my teeth first, but I feel like I can do just that right after!  When you moisturise the usual way, you need to wait for a couple of minutes more for the lotion to fully sink in before you can get dressed. And yes, it does deliver its promise of keeping your skin smooth even without using a separate lotion.  And it does last the whole day!  

What I like:
The packaging. It's light, easy to use in the shower and most importantly, no breakage!
Can be applied on the skin easily.  It sort of liquefies once on contact with wet skin.
It keeps my skin hydrated and feeling soft all day. 
It's cheap at 11 Dhs for this 250ml bottle while thhe 400ml sells for 14 Dhs
The subtle fresh, clean scent

What I don't like:
The scent doesn't stay long.  I wish it does.  But I guess this would become a problem if you are using a perfume.
Since it doesn't have SPF, I still apply a different lotion with SPF at day time.  But it's a dream using at night, when I'm sometimes to sleepy to moisturise after a shower. 
I use more than I would a normal body lotion, but since this comes in a big bottle with an  affordable price tag, I guess it's okay.
I find that I still need to use a separate lotion or cream on drier areas like elbows, knees and feet.  But I read online that Nivea has a "For very dry skin" variant, so I guess that would solve this problem for me.  I just hope that variant is available here in Dubai.

I love this.  My skin loves this.  I'll be surely buying again! I'm not sure if we have this in PH but I would love to send some to my sister as she absolutely hate applying lotion.  I love you, Sam and though we are far apart, I am still your Ate trying to look after you. Labyu!

So that's it for my product review.  'til next time!


Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

8 comments:

Teri said...

Do you feel the need to still us a lotion after? The bad side siguro here would be the part where you pat yourself dry with towel. The almond oil slippery thingy will stick in the towel.

~" Sa Mata ng Isang Probinsiyana "~

.

Iambrigitte said...

in exception of my elbows, knees and feet, okay na sha on its own so no need for a separate lotion. In this review I used the normal skin variant, sabi nila there's one for very dry skins but I haven't tried that pa :)

as for the oil sticking on the towel, parang hindi naman.

Jae Lim said...

How long do you rinse it off?

Jae Lim said...

Kasi after I rinse off, sticky feeling ko kahit 5 mins na akong nagbabanlaw

Teri said...

It's not silky at all, but it's a moisturizing that will last throughout the day. I tried the white one. Uh-oh if the blue is for dry skin, it would be greasier? I don't mind lotions without spF..

~" Sa Mata ng Isang Probinsiyana "~

.

Unknown said...

dongtam
mu moi ra hom nay
tim phong tro
http://nhatroso.com/
nhạc sàn
tổng đài tư vấn luật
văn phòng luật hà nội
tổng đài tư vấn luật
thành lập công ty trọn gói
http://we-cooking.com/
chém gió
trung tâm tiếng anh

Nhạc Thành đối với ba loại thiên phú công kích Phong Lôi Sí, Long Khiếu Cửu Thiên và Thiên nhãn Nhiếp Hồn vô cùng hài lòng, ba loại thiên phú này nếu vận dụng thoả đáng mà nói, so với kiếm Âm Dương và kiếm Ám Ảnh hiệu quả tốt hơn nhiều.

- Đáng chết, lại để cho tên Hổ Du kia chạy thoát.

Hai thân ảnh từ đàng xa chạy đến bên người Nhạc Thành, chính là Nhạc Dao cùng Tôn Lạc.

Nhạc Dao, Tôn Lạc tựa hồ vô cùng tức giận, bọn họ cũng không ngờ liên thủ công kích lại bị Hổ Du trốn thoát, điều này làm cho hai người tức giận không thôi, cũng rất là mất mặt, hai người liên thủ ngay cả Hổ Du cũng không giết chết được.

- Nhạc Dao trưởng lão, nếu Hổ Du đã chạy thoát, thì lần sau có cơ hội giết hắn là được rồi.

Nhạc Thành khẽ mĩm cười nói, mục tiêu Nhạc Thành là giết hai Đấu Thánh cường giả mà thôi, mà bây giờ mình giết Hoàng Ma, Trần Xuân giết Long Nhất, đã là hai người rồi.

- Hừ, bất quá ta cũng đánh trọng thương hắn, phỏng chừng không có ba năm chữa thương, thì hắn cũng đừng mong khôi phục.

Nhạc Dao nói.

Pk Deshi Viral said...

This post has helped me for an article which I am writing. Thank you for giving me another point of view on this topic. Now I can easily complete my article. click for source

Unknown said...

Videos Sex
Film Semi
Cerita Sex Dewasa
Cerita Panas
Foto Bugil
Cerita Mesum

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...