Sunday, December 22, 2013

Purity Med Spa Grand Opening...

Everybody needs a time to rejuvenate and be pampered once in a while to break away from all the crazy things at work,  or even at home.  When I was still working, I remember looking forward to one full day when I can finally get a facial, a hair treatment or colour, mani-pedi and even squeeze in a body scrub/massage.  Too bad, such days didn't come often.  But whenever it does, expect not to be able to get any replies from me should you try to reach me.  It's a day I call, my "Me Day."  

I love going to Spas.  Well, who doesn't?  So when I got an invite for the grand opening of Purity Med Spa at Al Wasl Road a few weeks back, I just couldn't say No.  I'm not really stressed since I'm still not working, but it would  be nice to know some good places I could run to once stress starts kicking in again.
^_^  



Purity Medi Spa offers an extensive selection of elite treatments to their women-only clientele. Every element of the Purity experience has been handpicked with eminent care, which includes the rigorous training of their therapists, dedication to a high measure of hygiene, as well as the selection of top of the range beauty products.

Some of the products they use and offer:

Nimue

Nimue is a global dermacosmeceutical brand and have a loyal following of doctors, plastic surgeons, salons, spas and skin therapists. We usually know that skin types are classified into: Dry, Normal, Oily and Combination. Inn Nimue, they follow a modern skin classification concept: Environmentally Damaged Skin, Hyperpigmented Skin, Problematic Skin and Interactive. 


Colway Natural Collagen

A product line consists of skincare and supplements that naturally stimulates Collagen production in the body. Collagen as we all know, helps us keep looking and feeling young! 


Joico Haircare


Purity Med Spa is a two-storey villa. The hair and nail services are done at the first floor while the skin/body treatments are done at the second floor.


Clean and well-lit hair salon area

Woohoo, I spy the L'oreal Mythic Oil line!
^_^

friendly Kabayans at your service!
^_^




They also have a wide selection of nail products to choose from! 


During the event, there was a complimentary skin analysis session with one of their skin therapists and as soon as I saw the apparatus, I was like.."Oh no!"

This baby will put all your skin's secrets out in the open! (Laughs) 

Sharon, one of Purity's skin therapists

Eeep!

As I've predicted, my poor skin has so much problems going on: pores clogged, pigmentation and scarring, super-oily t-zone and to my surprise, dehydrated cheeks and forehead!  Well, it's because I've been using Tretinoin for a few days prior to my visit.  Yes, I was trying to self-medicate again!  I usually run to using Tretinoin whenever I feel my skin's going crazy because I thought that peeling would help.  And as per Sharon, I was so wrong.  What my skin needs are products that would first take my skin back to its healthy, normal state before trying to incorporate products with harsh ingredients.  She said peeling at this time would only make my skin more vulnerable to damage.  She recommended basic products from Nimue for the first month and then go back for another set of products that will then target my problem areas.

Rima, Brand Manager of Nimue

Rima giving us a few pointers on how to use Nimue products

Rima, Sharon, Chandi and Rosel


Rosel, Katarzyna (Colway's Sales Manager), Chandi and Lady Anne

Katarzyna's brief overview to some of Colway's products made me want to get some of their products, most especially those that can be used for the whole body and the supplements.  I'm turning 35 soon and I feel like I really need to focus more on my skin. I'd like to look young like my mom when I get to her age!


At 4pm, we all went out for the ribbon-cutting ceremony and celebrated over mocktails and good food.









With Rosel, and new friends Lady and Chandi…'twas nice meeting you ladies!  Let's schedule our coffee and chikahan soon, please!?
(puppy eyes)




There were also talks from the brand managers of some of the products that Purity offers and a mini-contest where guests can win product samples. 





Aside from goodie bags, all guests were also given a complimentary service that they can avail on their next visit!  I myself got a  mini-facial that I am so excited about. And maybe, if my budget permits, I can also have my hair colour retouched and a mani-pedi too!  





If you're looking for a place where you can have all your beauty treatments done, check out Purity Med Spa. Aside from top of the line product and service offerings, they also have a warm and friendly staff who would surely make you feel welcome and relaxed in no time.  

Thanks so much, Purity Med Spa for inviting yours truly.  I am looking forward to visiting you again soon!

To know more about Purity Med Spa and their great monthly offerings, please check out and like their Facebook page.




Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...