Thursday, July 30, 2015

Happy Skin X Preview Shut Up & Kiss Me Moisturizing Matte Lippies in Too Cool and Hot Stuff

I know these lippies have been out for almost two months now, but what the heck, I still want to share my own thoughts about it.  When I got back here in PH, these lippies are the first ones that I looked for when we went to the mall. These are limited editions and after seeing swatches online, I just knew I had to get my hands on them.  

Preview X Happy Skin Lippies
 Preview X Happy Skin Shut Up & Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippies 

Preview Magazine collaborated with Happy Skin Cosmetics to come up with these editorial-worthy, limited-edition matte lippies for their 20th Anniversary.  I'd say editorial-worthy because the shades aren't really for everyday use (and for the faint-hearted, LOL!)  But if you don't give a damn on what people would think about you on why you are wearing attention-grabbing lip colors such as these, then go ahead. 
Kebs sa mga pamatay na titig!

 Happy Skin Shut Up & Kiss Me Moisturizing Matte Lipase
 in Too Cool and Hot Stuff

These babies contain Happy Skin's signature shea butter and collagen with the added benefit of the ever powerful Cupuacu Butter for hydration, healing and improved elasticity.



Happy Skin X Preview

Preview X Happy Skin lip pies 
Too Cool and Hot Stuff

 Too Cool

I don't know about the others but it certainly doesn't look like concealer on me. It does remind me of my favorite nude lippie from MAC, Peachstock, but this one has a lot more colour in it. It doesn't make me look washed out (or anemic) and I can definitely see myself wearing this  on almost all of my makeup looks.  Alone, with my eyes heavily made up (or smoked) or topped with a colored gloss if my eye makeup are a bit toned down. Seriously, this shade took the crown from MAC Peachstock as my most favorite nude lippie! 



Hot Stuff


I've always wanted to wear a dark, bold lippie like red but I find it hard to find the right shade that will suit me. As in really suit me.  Even Mr. X says that red doesn't look good on me. If there's one shade that he likes on me aside from my usual nudes, it will be MAC Diva. Ironically, darker or deeper shades of red look good on me. And so I am glad I've found an alternative to MAC Diva which I find to be a bit drying on my lips. 

So happy to find an everyday lippie with Hot Stuff!



The kind of red that doesn't make me look pokpok-ish or kontrabida!
^_^

This is the first time that Happy Skin came up with matte moisturizing lippies. I've been wearing Hot Stuff almost everyday since I got it and I didn't have problems with dry or chapped lips. If you have uber-dry lips, go ahead and apply a lip balm prior to this just to be sure.  As for the lasting power, it can stay up until you take it off but it fades most especially on the center part if you eat or drink.  I really don't mind reapplying though as I love how it feels on my lips. It's not heavy, it applies like butter and the pigmentation is just WOW!

The set sells for Php1099. You can also get it individually for Php599. Again, these babies are limited editions so grab yours now before they go nadah!  As for me, I'll be getting backups the next time I go to the mall. (wink!)

So what are you, are you Too Cool or a Hot Stuff?
^_^
Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually like their version of the nude! It's very sophisticated and suits you well :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...