Thursday, July 22, 2010

Beauty Tip: Pillboxes for your lipsticks?

I remember that mom bought me pillboxes that I can bring anywhere so I won't forget to take my vitamins (or medications) everyday. but I had something else in mind to put these pillboxes to use:

nope...

tadahhh!


yeah dearies, I went thru the hassle (but enjoyable and exciting) of chopping off a portion of my frequently used lipsticks and melting them in this pillbox. I got this idea from a dear friend when she heard me complain about bringing tubes of lipsticks for retouch during makeup gigs. of course, during touch ups, I won't be dragging my traincase anymore and a (little) pouch should do. now, having my lipsticks in this little pillboxes spare me a lot of space in my touch up pouch for my travel sized brushes, blushes and blot powders.

don't worry, this is fairly easy. just chop off a portion of your lipsticks and place it in on the slots of the pillbox. put it in your microwave, set timer to 30seconds and go! it's like having a lip palette with the shades of your choice, cool huh?

honestly, I was a bit hesitant to chop off my lipsticks. good thing I got over it and now I'm so happy that I did it. ^_^

now that you have your lipsticks in a palette like this, it doesn't mean you can forget all about sanitation. don't forget to bring your spatula so you won't have to double dip your brush! and of course, wipe that brush clean before using it on a different client.

i found out that some brands don't melt easily. MAC melts like butter in a few seconds, Maybelline in a few more seconds...but Revlon just won't melt. It did melt, but just a little. So, if you take a closer look at my palette, that's the one that didn't occupy the whole slot bottom. I tried leaving the pillbox for 60seconds but it still won't budge, so I just left it as it is.

I just so love this great idea that I now actually have 3 lip palettes like this: 2 for clients, and 1 for my personal use. Now let's just hope I won't be chopping off every lipstick I get my hands on.
LOL!


7 comments:

Kinney said...

Great idea! =)

Lady E said...

That's wonderful Jheng! I did the same thing last month but I used a different palette. See here: http://bitsandtreats.blogspot.com/2010/06/saturday-afternoon-project.html. It's so convenient no?

Bernadette Villanueva said...

I also do this, though only for my old lipsticks, I don't have the heart to chop off new ones. =/ But I didn't think of melting it (blah!), buti you shared how. Thanks, Jheng! =)

AskMeWhats said...

LOL on using this for a different purpose! So kelangan bilhan ka ulit ni mader ng pillboxes and I have a feeling you'll chop off more lipsticks! hahahah I can't wait to do the same, just no time!!! Hay..can you do mine? hahah JOWK! Lav ya!

Shen said...

Oh, i wish i have the heart... wait.. breathe in.. breathe out.. ngayon kaya ko na! hello, lipticks! hi, knife!!

disco said...

hahaa! Wow, that is very brave and innovative! I'm impressed. =D I'll remember this pillbox idea!

x
http://dialogueswithafruitcake.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

wow, this is awesome!! can i post it in my fb profile? :) thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...