Friday, July 30, 2010

my new (and not-so-new) skin staples...

Clinelle Purifying Toner

my HG toner...I've used up 3 bottles already and surprisingly, it still works for me. my skin has this weird habit of messing up once it gets immune

PONDS White Beauty detox (lotion type)

weeks ago, I tried the yellow/gold one and found out that it works great as a moisturizer. I was scared that I might breakout but I didn't. So now I decided to give this pink variant a try and let's see. I've been using the moisturizer from Lancome Blanc Expert for quite a while now and I am no longer seeing results. Probably this is a great time to switch.

PONDS Flawless White Spots Blocking Serum and Mosbeau Cream
(ain't it obvious? I'm not into whitening...LOL!)

if you've been a reader of my blog since I started, you know that I suffered from nasty adult acne some 4-5 years ago and it left me with lots of pimple scars...and I mean, a LOT! I've tried a lot but nothing worked. until I gave in and bought Obagi. only then I was able to get rid of scars, you can check out my post here.

my skin still breaks out from time to time, depending on the season (i usually get problematic during -BER months) and when I get too experimental with other skin care brands. i honestly think I never learned my lesson..hahaha. so yes, I still get pimples and then get scarred after.

Obagi/Lancome aren't cheap, and I don't think it wouldn't hurt to find a cheaper alternative
. Since I am already using the cold cream from PONDS (which is by the way my HG makeup remover as of the moment), and now trying out their moisturizer, I also decided to consider checking out their reformulated Spots Blocking Serum. Yes, I am being experimental again but I am trying to be positive...hehee! I've been using them for almost a week now and so far, so good.

and the Mosbeau cream? I am seeing great results from my continuous Laser Hair Removal from Flawless and since I am no longer using razors, I think now is the best time to deal with my post-shaving traumas before.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and let's hope that these new products in my regimen would work for me. I'll keep you updated!


4 comments:

Bernadette Villanueva said...

Can't believe you had acne and scars before, kasi now super idol ko kaya your skin! super smooth and silky! =) I have a friend who tried obagi din, and grabe she looks like artista, I swear! Miracle product talaga, grabe lang the price, she got it for 30k. Argh.

AskMeWhats said...

Sis, goodluck!!! I hope this more inexpensive alternative works! Let us know ha!

mimi said...

thanks for the obagi review :) i've been thinking of getting this for my skin problems :) now i want to try this clinelle toner :)

Ai Ellico Baja said...

Clinelle Purifying Toner sounds good. I have too try it 8D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...