Thursday, July 29, 2010

Product Review: Maybelline The Magnum Volum' Express Mascara

Maybelline Volume Express Magnum Mascara

It includes a Collagen Formula as well as a new patented oversized Magnum Brush to give this waterproof mascara the volume barrier for killer lashes.

The Collagen Formula plumps up and volumizes the lashes, giving that luscious thick look. The Magnum Brush seeks out even the smallest lash to ensure fine wax dispersion, with a generous and fast charge, ensuring ultra thick lashes with absolutely no clumping.

the wand

whenever Maybelline launches a new mascara, I make sure I get one. why? because, until now, I still believe that Maybelline has the best mascaras in the market at a very affordable price. i am still loving their Cat Eye mascara, so let's see if this one is as good, if not better.

uncurled lashes

lashes curled

applied 1 coat of mascara

lashes with 2 coats of mascara

what i like:
  • waterproof
  • cheaper than other brands
  • no smudging, no clumping
  • holds the curl
  • unlike others who find that it's hard to remove, this waterproof mascara is no match with my current cleansing cream

what i don't like:
  • i didn't see any of its "volumizing" promise. well, basing on my pics, did you see any?
  • it's bigger wand makes it more difficult to reach the corners and apply mascara on the lower lashes
honestly, I am not really disappointed because what's important is that it holds my curl and that it doesn't smudge. but I don't think I'll love this as much as I am loving my Cat Eye mascara.

Having said that, nope, I won't be buying this again. Unless I get the trick on how to "properly" use this and get the effects I want. I've read in some blogs that there's
a technique to make this mascara work for you. But as of now, maybe I'm just too lazy to spend too much time in applying my mascara.
^_^



6 comments:

PEACHY PINK SISTERS said...

Thank you! I'll stick to my Cats Eye Mascara then :)

Isabeau Jane said...

this has been my holy grail of mascaras since i got hold of it.. ^^

Unknown said...

what cleanser are you using? I have maybelline collosal Volum` (waterproof), pag inaalis ko..kala ko wala na. Tapos makikita ko na lang next morning, under eye ko may smudge pa.

Jem said...

i recently bought this & though i haven't really used it yet i think the formula is nice..im not a fan of brush wands for mascara (i prefer comb wands)... when i tried it, it gave volume on my lashes. not sure if it will do so once i've opened my tube.

but now im thinking Majolica Majorca's Lash Enamel Glamour Neo is better than this..

well, i'll have to wait & see then..

Anonymous said...

I loved this mascara, especially the big wand. I didn't have too much trouble reaching the corner lashes. And I definitely agree that maybelline has the best combination of low price and good quality. Thanks!

Follow us?
http://stylishlygifted.blogspot.com

Ai Ellico Baja said...

What liner are you wearing?
It's very pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...