Monday, July 19, 2010

my Makeup Artist's chair...

i love makeup. and if not for my office work, I'll grab every chance to do makeup on other people as well, because it is way more relaxing than my real job.

if there's one thing I hate about doing makeup on others, it would be the long hours of standing and having to stoop down each time to reach your client's or model's face who's sitting down. after the 3rd client/model, my back would already be screaming for sure. and that would last for days...OUCH!

so when I first heard about makeup artist's chairs (also called as director's chair), I've wanted to get one since then. but as you all know, I don't get to have much gigs like I've used to since my job literally eats up most of my time. so I was having second thoughts in getting one since I'm afraid I won't be able to use it as much. but during my last wedding gig where I did makeup on 8 people, my back hurt like hell and I can't even keep my back straight for days.

i told myself no more gigs for a while...but when an officemate asked me to do makeup for her brother's wedding, I just can't say NO. Not to her, but to the opportunity to make other people beautiful once again! so yeah, I just knew it's time...



my very own makeup artist's chair
woot!

i got it from here for only Php3500! Way cheaper than the other supplier I was initially planning to get it from.

and the best way to put it to test? bring it all the way to my wedding gig last Saturday!

see, I don't need to stoop down like I used to

I am definitely loving my chair! Imagine, I was able to do makeup on 7 people and my back didn't hurt. hmm, maybe it did hurt a bit...but just a bit! of course, my legs did hurt from standing for hours, but that's okay. it's nothing compared to my back pains before.

the chair is lightweight but a bit bulky. i know some would hate to be seen carrying this around, but i wouldn't mind really. i've been losing my poise all the time anyway, hahah! i would also have to fold it each time so i can put it inside my trunk and just assemble if i need to use it. i love that it is in black but I wish it's in red and black :) i was also in doubt that it won't be able to hold "heavy" clients, but I was wrong. well, maybe it's too early for me to say that since I haven't had a client who's too big.

This is one purchase that I won't regret, a great investment indeed!

Just in case you'd want to get one, hurry up since the seller's planning to increase the price because of the price increase of the materials. She's easy to deal with and very accommodating.

now, I'll be saving up for that lighted mirror next.


9 comments:

Bernadette Villanueva said...

Wow, doing makeup for 8 people in one day? dyosa ka talaga, Jheng! And I'm sure the chair is a really good investment for someone like you. =) Happy Monday!

Iambrigitte said...

ay naku sis, ganyan talaga kelangan rumaket eheheh! yeah im so thankful i finally got one. i should've gotten this a loooong time ago!

Miss Shopcoholic said...

i know how it feels Jheng! i did makeup for 6 models last saturday and grabe ang sakit ng likod ko huhu..

Iambrigitte said...

get yourself this chair na sis :)

Iambrigitte said...

get yourself this chair na sis :)

AskMeWhats said...

I want this too!!!! I saw another supplier higher nga ang price! pero grabe, mas maraming dala on gigs! thanks for this! If I may need one, I'll text you for contact :) Thanks dear

Cristina said...

Sis! Mind if I ask for the contact details of the supplier? I've scoured around, but most were selling for around 4,500-5,000 :-o

Iambrigitte said...

@nikki, naku mahirap talga pag ala kang kasama. last saturday, i was wearing a skirt but had to drag this and my traincase all the way up to the 2nd floor kasi dun ang gig ko. kaloka! hahahaa, actually magaan lang naman bulky lang :)

@crissy, i think i stillhave your number..will text u :)

Maui (Suushh) said...

ohh wow, that is cheaper than the ones ive seen! Whered you get it, i want din! haha =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...