Monday, July 6, 2009

my new hair color...

don't you just hate it when you try to save a little moolah by doing things on your own, and then ending messing up and getting ready to spend more to make up for that stupid mess you did?

okay, so the story is i have been planning to have my hair colored again since it has been 7mos already since my last visit to the salon. to save a bit, i wanted to do the coloring for my base color and just have the salon do my highlights (my previous hair color has a base color, and 2 highlight colors). i wanted to go for a dark brown to cover up the blonde highlights so i bought the shade "Dark Mahogany Ash Brown" and guess what happened:


it looks black! i swear i've been trying to wash off the color since last night, even woke up early to see my color in broad daylight...and geesh, it is black. not really black BLACK though, but damn, this isn't dark brown! IT'S BLACK! I remember the last time i had my hair colored with black, i ended up sporting a "boy's cut" for the next few months.

arrrgggh...i know i look like the wicked witch of the west with this color. i am not used to having black hair! and i am sure people would ask me what the hell happened with my hair...sniff. even my mom told me to get it fixed...waaaaah! now i'll end up spending more.

grrr, i hate it!
and guess the other stupid thing that i did?

i'm left with color stains on the sides of my face...and ugh, there's also some on my forehead. waaaahhhh! stupid me forgot to put something to avoid stains...

i promise i'll let things like this on the hands of professionals!

6 comments:

Camille Santos said...

hehe it looks black nga.i was planning din to color my hair all by myself now im having second thoughts.gotta save money din!

My-My said...

I think the black is fine. the stains will go away in time. I believe you did a good thing for saving.

Jamilla Camel said...

Hun, you will always need to use a lighter base shade to get the desired effect because you have such a dark base. Also, it is impossible to achieve the same highlights that a salon can.

As My-My says, the stains will fade in time.

Double process hair coloring is such a pain that I leave it to the salon. The salon can re-tint your hair and add highlights too...good luck!!

YingX said...

It looks really dark. But not entirely black. I have dyed my hair black before and it looked more like a wig haha but the color isnt too bad on you it looks good

AskMeWhats said...

sis, its not you, but its really difficult to choose your own color when you try to color your hair on your own....if your hair is light, you really have to choose an almost "BLONDE" hair color just to get the "light brown look" I really like your hair though, long hair suits you too!!!!

Edna said...

Oh no, I'm sorry about your experience. I hope the professionals can fix it and make your hair the color you desire!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...