Sunday, June 24, 2012

Product Review: Clinique Lid Smoothie in Cashew Later

Remember last weekend when I went home to visit my family and had a weekend of endless eating (and eating, and more eating)?  Well, aside from that, it was also a time to dig into my mom's makeup bin on the lookout for some good stuff. And as usual, I didn't end up disappointed.

Here's a review on one of my "recent haul" from Mom:


 Clinique Lid Smoothie Antioxidant 8-hr Eye Colour

Creamy, crease-resistant eye colour wears for 8 hours. Instantly cools thanks to a unique applicator. Nourishing ingredients coax fine lid lines into a blanket of smoothness. Antioxidants help protect eye-area skin.

Available in 12 colors



It comes in an easy to squeeze tube with a stainless steel tip applicator which is cold.  The cooling sensation is actually relaxing, but I still recommend applying this using your fingers or with a brush to ensure even application and so you won't put too much.


Cashew Later



Though this is supposed to be a cream eyeshadow, I like using it as an eyeshadow primer.  It can also serve as a nice lid wash and an awesome highlighter.  It's a bit shimmery so this works great on your matte eyeshadows, making them not look too flat.


can be used as a great lid wash for those lazy days 


works as a great base for eyeshadows
(Top: without the lid smoothie underneath, Bottom: with the lid smoothie underneath)



Above is a recent EOTD using Clinique Lid Smoothie as eye primer.  Pictures are taken around 9am.


And here's how my eye makeup looked after more than 10hrs:

 
(Sorry about the lighting though, my camera's usually on AUTO when taking pics at night.)

As you can see, the colors didn't move at all.  My undereye concealer already faded a bit and my upper lid area's more oily but my eye makeup's still intact.  

If that isn't awesome, I don't what else is!
^_^


PROs:
travel-friendly packaging, easy to squeeze tube and you actually get to see how much product is left
cooling tip applicator is a great pick-me-upper in the morning!  Though using a brush or your finger is still recommended
has a lovely shimmer, which is just good to liven up some "blah" eyeshadow colors
help makes the eyeshadow color pop
you just need a tiny weeny amount for the entire lid, so I am guessing that this little tube would last for months even when used everyday!
No allergic reactions
No weird scent
No creasing for hours!  My eye makeup looks the same as if I've just applied it
can be a great lid wash for those lazy days
I forgot to put the cap after using it in the morning and the product didn't dry out.  Hopefully this won't be like UD which dries up after some time.


CONs:
The price.  It's Php1550/7ml tube so it's pretty much expensive than your usual eye primers
Shades can be too subtle if you love "loud" colors, so if you have this you can use it as a great base

I am loving this and though Mom initially let me just borrow this for a while, she eventually told me I could keep it. Yey!  

I want to buy the other shades soon.  Or maybe, Mom would!?
^_^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...