Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Product Review: Benefit the Porefessional

Another problem that most of us have is the appearance of pores!  I didn't use to have a problem on this years ago, but now, I certainly do!  Good thing there are a lot of products out there that could help.  

I bet you've already heard a lot about Benefit's the Porefessional.  I got hold of this weeks ago and have been using it often, and yes, I make sure I have this in my makeup kit wherever I go!

Benefit Porefessional
Quickly minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. Translucent, oil-free formula complements all skin tones and helps makeup stay put. Contains a Vitamin E derivative, known to protect skin from free radicals.



comes in a tube, so it's handy and travel friendly
controlling the amount to be used is easy, you only need a tiny bit to cover those nasty pores!


oh yes, it's sealed to make sure you get it fresh when you buy it
(don't hesitate to return it when you get it without a seal!)


it even comes with an instructional leaflet to serve as guide in using it effectively


you can also find instructions on the box!


it has a light tint to it but appears fully translucent when applied. so yes, morenas need not to worry.  this shade will work on all skin tones!  It also has a light, lemony scent..so those who hates scent on anything they put on their face might get turned off.  In my case, it's okay as long as the scent's not too strong.


Left: without Porefessional, Right: with Porefessional

Notice how it helped blur the lines at the back of my hand. 


Now let's see how it works on my face:


Left: without Porefessional, Right: with Porefessional

To apply, product should be tapped or dabbed onto skin...not swiped.  Apply it on your t-zone and on the cheeks near the nose where most of the pores are visible.  On my photo on the right, a thin layer of porefessional pro-balm has been applied.  It didn't completely conceal my pores, but it did make a difference. It did help my skin appear smoother and more matte

What I also like about Porefessional is that you can apply it on top of your makeup.  The photo below is taken hours after my initial application.  It instantly made my skin matte and the pores less visible.  And yep, it doesn't make you look cakey!  


This is not a primer that promises to make your makeup stay longer.  It's a pore-zapping balm that will make your skin a lot smoother for better makeup application.  Those that have good skin (no blemishes to cover, just visible pores) can use this alone as it really evens out skin tone. 

Another thing, it has silicon!  If you are allergic to anything with silicon, you better stay away...or maybe you can still at least give this a try? LOL. I've been using this everyday, before my foundation and sometimes for retouches and haven't had any allergies. 

With a price tag of Php1600 for a 22ml tube, this baby doesn't come cheap.  But this tube will go a looonnngg way since you only need a little per application.  
   


Don't you just love Benefit's packaging?  I do!  That's why I don't throw them away.
^_^

Our friends from Marvel (yes, we are close...kidding!) even came up with a comic book inspired by Benefit's products and called it SpyGal.

yes, I am not joking!


SpyGal is a witty (and gorgeous) secret agent whose uniform is inspired by the Porefessional's blue retro packaging.


I'm not sure if the comic book is already available and if it's free or not. I will update you once I get to clarify with the lovely people from Benefit.
^_^

So, will I repurchase?
YES! This will be great for my clients' touch-ups!  

Have you tried this?  If yes, let me know if you like it or not.  For more product info or promos, like Benefit Cosmetics on Facebook.

tata!

7 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

Bongga to sis! I use this on clients too especially if they have visible pores! :)

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Oh, I was just about to ask if it has silicone in the list of ingredients... sad naman! I hope beauty brands could come up another ingredient other than silicone as it is know to block pores.

Btw, which has better coverage ZPore or this?

xoxo
Mrsmartinez

Iambrigitte said...

true, bonggels! hahahaa

Iambrigitte said...

haven't tried Zpore pa eh. :) allergic kaw sa silicon?

mera said...

sana naman my smaller size so that it would be more cheaper, i would love to try this.My friend was using this and she really loves it but when she moved to the US sayang lang coz doesn't use this anymore coz it makes her oily skin dry,sounds weird but true..patchy dw skin nya.. still I wanna try this pa rin. great review! :)

Camille Santos said...

i love how it mattifies skin and ang pores nagdisappear.

MariaKristela said...

This looks promising! I also have visible pores on the cheek and nose area. Quite expensive lang so I need to save up for it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...