Sunday, June 3, 2012

Product Review: Revlon Photoready Airbrush Mousse Makeup

How's your weekend, dearies?  My Saturday's been busy with a trial makeup for a wedding next week and a bit of house cleaning, and today, I'm going to a Backstreet Boys + New Kids On The Block concert.  Oh yes, I'm such a big boy band fan.  I'm really excited...and I don't care if some people would make fun of me and call me outdated.  
^_^

I hope you're having a blast too!  For the meantime, let me share with you my review on Revlon's newest (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!) foundation:  


Revlon Photoready Airbrush Mousse Makeup
PhotoReady Airbrush™ Mousse Makeup, an air-light makeup provides a flawless finish, whether it’s on camera or in person. The whipped texture allows you to blend evenly for undetectable coverage, leaving you with a smooth poreless complexion. The formula’s photochromatic pigments bend and reflect light to minimize flaws, leaving you with perfectly airbrushed skin in any light – indoors, outdoors, or under the flash of a camera.
 Oil free, fragrance free. 
Use alone or over PhotoReady™ Primers. 

Same with their Photoready Liquid Foundation, this also comes with a pump.


Our friends from Revlon gave me a sample in Medium Beige.  But unfortunately, it's not my shade so I got myself the one in Nude.

It comes out in the tube in mousse form, but transforms into creamy liquid when you start working with it.



Like it's liquid counterpart, this also has shimmers though I wasn't able to really capture it in this picture


before

my dark spots are looking a lot reddish lately, and I am quite sure it's because I am trying to go back to Obagi Nuderm regimen.  This is what happens when I'm using Obagi, first it would make my dark spots appear reddish then it will go a lot lighter and less visible in a few weeks.





after a layer of foundation


foundation seems to make my pores look bigger, sniff!



I use my BeautyBlender sponge to stipple another layer of foundation on problem areas  (which in my case, is my entire face!)



 and here's how it looks after:


Sadly, the foundation wasn't able to cover the redness so I used Benefit Boeing to help in concealing.  Then I used Photoready powder to set.

PROs:
Packaging (except the pump), this one doesn't come in glass so for clumsy people (like me), this one's good
Feels light on the skin
Light-medium coverage
No weird smell
A little goes a long way

CONs:
The pump!  It's so hard to control the amount of product that comes out of it
It's hard to know how much product is left
Doesn't help cover my blemishes and it makes my pore appear larger.  
Can be easily rubbed off, so you need a bit of time to let it dry first
It has shimmers, but I think this one has less as compared to its liquid counterpart.  
I look like a grease ball in less than an hour so I've been blotting like crazy all day.
I'm not sure if this is the culprit, but I got zits after 3 days of using it.  And I am talking about big, red angry bumps.



after 10 hours

It's still on after a long day, but it's probably because I've been blotting and retouching with the powder.  As you can see, it really does accentuate the pores on my cheek which never happened with other Revlon foundations.

I'm thinking that my skin's reaction is also because of my Obagi regimen.  Because of the layers of creams that I apply, my skin tends to be a lot oily, foundation slides off easily and problem areas seem to be a lot harder to conceal.  I also remember getting zits while using their Colorstay foundation and that was the time when I was also using Obagi. 

I asked a friend to try this out and it looks really good on her. She has dry skin and it made her skin look dewy and healthy.  She doesn't like the shimmers though, but she loves the coverage (for her it was a medium-heavy) and it didn't budge the whole day.  So probably this would work on those with dry-combination skin and those with pretty much clear skins.

I'm really sad that this didn't work for me, but I am not giving up yet.  I will try this again, after my skin gets adjusted with my skin regimen and my zits have subsided.

Priced at Php925 and sold at Revlon counters in leading Department Stores.

5 comments:

EVE-O-LUTION said...

even In got this and I hate is so much.. makes my pores look like caters... *sob sob*

Camille Santos said...

i was eyeing on this foundation pero nung natest ko i did not like how it looks on my skin parang unblended pa din kahit mega blend na hehe

Pauline Lim said...

ohh thanks for the heads up!

http://classycroissant.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I think this was one I tried recently that made my skin all greasy, too!!
By the way, you are so beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your web-site is so cool. I’m impressed by the details that you have on this website. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for more blogs.
Airbrush Tan NYC

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...