Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Product Review: Jane Iredale Magic Mitt

As some of you might already know, I cleanse my face in 3 steps
1) makeup remover massaged all over the face then wiping it off with facial tissue
2) wiping my face with wet wipes
3) washing my face with facial wash

Yeah, I am that OC when it comes to getting rid of makeup on my face. I pile on layers of makeup (no thanks to these reddish pimple marks) almost everyday so it's just necessary to make sure that my face is makeup-free at the end of the day. I've been using several brands but I never thought that a piece of cloth would deliver the same thing as most of my makeup removers would do.


Jane Iredale Magic Mitt

Magic Mitt
quickly and completely removes makeup using NO cleanser. This cleansing process promotes the health of the skin because it does not affect the skin's natural acid mantle. When this beneficial barrier is intact, it aids the skin in protecting itself from harmful and invasive bacteria.


It is made from a new generation of specially knitted micro-fibers many times thinner than a human hair. When wet they create a hydro-mechanical process that breaks the surface tension of the oils that bond makeup to the skin.

How to use:
Use it the way you would a washcloth. Soak it in tepid water and remove makeup. When completed, wash the Mitt in soap to cleanse. Rinse in clear water, then hang up to dry. When dry, it is sterile.


I am loving this Magic Mitt most especially when I travel. All I need is water (preferably a bit warm), so I also save space in my luggage. No need to bring bottles of my cleansers and makeup removers.


Here's to prove how effective and useful this is:

my face with all the makeup on
(waterproof eyeliner, mascara and layers of concealer and powder)



I was too lazy to get some warm water so I just used tap water
^_^


I start by gently rubbing it on my cheeks, forehead


then on the eye area

Don't worry about getting wrinkles, just be gentle and there will be no tugging of the skin. What I do is I dab it on my eyes first (like what i do when using an eye makeup remover with cotton) then gently wipe it off.


see that? that's my eyeliner and mascara!


left part almost free of makeup!


after a few more minutes of gentle wiping and rubbing:

my entire face (almost) free of makeup!

Well, almost because there's still a bit of that waterproof mascara left. But I was really able to clean my face without any cleanser..just water and this magic mitt.
Magic, indeed!

I love that it doesn't leave my face all red after cleansing like some removers do. The fabric is so soft, and it doesn't give me a "tight" feeling on my face after. It also gently exfoliates the skin most especially if you're using warm water. So say bye bye to those nasty whiteheads and blackheads!

It's reusable, and can be easily cleaned with just soap and water. I use Ivory soap or my J&J milk wash to clean it. This is really good for those with sensitive skin.

my magic mitt after all those nasty layers of makeup!

Priced at Php895, this may be expensive for just a piece of cloth. But it's just not an ordinary piece of cloth, it really is a magic cloth!
^_^

Besides, this can be used for say, a year or maybe two if used with care.

If you are in a hurry, using this cloth might not be a good idea as you would have to spend a good 5-10 minutes to get rid of all your makeup. I don't mind taking a bit of more time though, as this can do you two things: cleansing your face while exfoliating it. I use this 2-3x a week.

For those who wear (really good) waterproof mascara, you might need a separate eye makeup remover as this will not totally get rid of it.

Will I buy again?
I will definitely do. But not for me, but for my sister who wears makeup already but dislikes using other skin products. I'll buy another one for myself after a year.
^_^


4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is an interesting product Jeng. I like that it exfoliate.And it uses water? I have to try this because most of the makeup removers stings my eyes. :)

AskMeWhats said...

I believe you when you told me it removes all traces of makeup!!!!

Issa said...

wow, ang galing naman nito! very interesting!

MereMakeupManiac said...

how soft is it sis? takot ako baka mag red mukha ko with all the "scrubbing" off the makeup action.

sana may mag regalo sakin nito sa pasko ng masubukan haha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...