Thursday, July 5, 2012

LOTD: Pinks and Plums + trying out a "bold" lipcolor

It's almost weekend, and it's been raining for days now.  Well, the weather's still pretty much messed up so take care y'all and don't forget your vitamins!  Let's make sure we avoid the sniffles, so we can enjoy the upcoming weekend. 

As I've mentioned on my recent posts, I feel like my makeup mojo's back that's why I've been trying to come up with makeup looks that are beyond my usual lidwash + liner looks (well, this has been my usual look...lazy-ass, yes!?)  Aside from that I am getting more inquiries about my makeup services so I need to practice.  I feel like I am losing my makeup skills (blending, color matching, etc) and passion so I better get my groove back. So please bear with me if you'd be seeing a lot of LOTDs again!
^_^

In this look, I tried to go for soft plums and pinks.  I wanted to keep it simple at first but I just love Revlon's gel liner in Plum.  You know how I love colorful liners!  Also, because of Sol's and my mom's endless prodding for me to wear a lot more colorful lipstick, I tried wearing one of the OCC lip tars I've found in my kit.


 The Face Shop Lovely ME-EX Auto Eyebrow pencil
Kate Designing eyebrow palette
K-palette long lasting eyebrow
The Body Shop shimmer cubes (from the Lily Cole makeup collection)
Revlon Photoready Creme Gel Liner in Plum
Maybelline The Falsies mascara

Benefit Porefessional
Revlon Age Defying undereye concealer
Bobbi Brown Long-Even Finish Foundation SPF15 in Sand
Revlon matte blush in Blushing Berry
MAC blush in Harmony for contouring

MAC lip conditioner + OCC lip tar in I-dont-know shade
(sorry, i have it in the old packaging and the shade name has already been erased)

 
I used to wear lip tars before mostly in Hush which is still kinda nude-ish (laughs), but I got tired of it flaking on my lips so I told myself to forget it.  I've been hearing a lot of raves about it though, and Sol told me that it was supposed to be applied very thinly.  And that I have to make sure that my lips are moisturized prior to the lip tar.  So that's what I did and geesh, my lipcolor stayed even after eating my lunch!



So what do you think?  Does this "bold" (I already consider it bold since I am just so used to wearing barely-there lip colors) shade of lipstick suit me? I was actually trying out other shades for the past few days, and is still getting the hang of it.  And maybe, my colleagues at work should probably get used to it too!
^_^

I wore my new Bobbi Brown foundation and have been wearing it on most days now.  I love how matte (but not flat) my skin looks.  It stays on the entire day and I don't even have to set it with powder.  Pretty amazing.  I'll come up with a review soon!

Enjoy the rest of the week, my dears! 

4 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

sis bagat sayo tong lip color! I know you're not into reds pero this one gives a good "glow" tapos bagay siya overall :)

Nicole P. said...

the lip color actually accents your cute braces! love it... :) and the colors of your fotd can be enouth to pass a bridal make up. :)

Angel said...

Ms. Jheng! Bolder!!! Dare!!! =D

For sure, bagay naman syo bolder colors, eh! ^__^

redshoetraveller said...

I love your lip color! Too bad you don't know the exact shade...it look like pinky red for me...i am fascinated with the not-too-red and not-too-pink but somewhere-in-between lip colors these days...:)
And you definitely look bagay with that lip color...very feminine...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...