Tuesday, July 10, 2012

LOTD: Golds


For years that I've been putting on makeup, I found that wearing golds on the lids is a great way to bring attention to our peepers without being too dramatic. It brightens the eyes, giving that awake look and depending on the intensity, this shade looks good at daytime  and even at night time.

For this look, I downplayed the Gold by topping it a bit of peach and instead of using black to define my crease, I used browns and a bit of copper.  I planned for a light, shimmery eyes, and to make sure that I won't look so plain, I opted for a metallic-violet liner to make my eyes pop more.




K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow
Kate eyebrow powder palette
Revlon Photoready Eye Primer + Brightener on the lids
Sweet & Smokey palette (gold, brown)
UD BOS Alice in Wonderland palette (shimmery peach)
Milani Infinite liquid eyeliner in Endless
Revlon 3D Mascara in Brown Black



Freshel White C Makeup Base
Estee Lauder Cyberwhite Brilliant Cells BB Cream
4U2 Dream Girl Lovelight BB Powder SPF 15 PA++
Bobbi Brown blush in Peony
MAC blush in Harmony to contour

MAC l/s in Peachstock


so again here's my LOTD with my usual "pale" lips:


Then I went home with a new red lippie, can't wait for the next day to really try it on (yes, I just swatched it at the back of my hand before buying it) so here it is:


Which do you like best, the one with the pale lips or this one with the red lippie?

sorry, I just had to ask a lot of times before I get totally convinced! 
(laughs)

How about you, would you consider wearing golds?  
Or you reserve it on special occasions?

1 comment:

blogger said...

great for an everyday look! love the pale lips more :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...