Thursday, July 5, 2012

Something New: Lily Cole limited makeup collection from The Body Shop

Lily Cole for The Body Shop

Lily Cole is a UK-based model, activist, actress and is now The Body Shop's first brand ambassador.  It's definitely no doubt that the brand made a good decision of getting this beauty and brain graduate from Cambridge University to spearhead their latest beauty campaign, Beauty with Heart.  Her collaboration with the brand includes a new limited edition makeup collection that's 100% pure vegetarian and  of course, cruelty-free.

Lily Cole Limited Edition Makeup Collection
Packed with vibrant pigments, shimmers and ultra-expressive colors, this makeup collection is perfect for spring/summer and actually, the whole year round!  


Puff On Radiance 
Leaves a pink toned, luminescent finish and is perfect for face, cheeks and decolletage.  With a super soft puff, it's radiance gone radical!  
This baby reminds me of the Guerlain meteorites, but with a cheaper price tag.  I am not a fan of highlighters but this one's an exception.  I love the packaging and the uber-soft puff! I only tried this at the store and it gives just the right amount of shine to anywhere you want it. Of course you need to apply it sparingly so you won't end up like a disco ball!


Lip and Cheek Dome
A creamy gel in an easy-to-use innovative dome format that can be applied directly onto cheeks or onto lips.  Available in Pinch Me Pink and Crazy for Coral
This has got to be my second favorite in the collection and it reminds me of my Shu Uemura dome blush.  Pigmentation is more sheer than that of Shu's and would work best on paler skins.  Color is buildable and it stays put too!


Liquid Eyeliner
The brand's brightest, most dramatic Violet yet.  Smudge-proof and easy to apply with its fine tip felt applicator that delivers a vision in violet exactly where you want it.
The collection is beautifully complemented with this violet liquid eyeliner that gives a slightly, and pretty metallic flash of color to add more glam to your peepers. This is my type of violet that adds pop to the eyes! 



Mini Hi-Shine
Super shiny gloss that can be applied straight to your lips for super sexy, hi-gloss lips.  With a fun and fruity flavour, this wet-look gloss is set to be a hit.
Available in  Go Pink, Go Wild, Go Play and Go Naked

Provides good moisturization and a very glossy look to the lips.  Pigmentation is quite sheer so if you prefer loud colors, you won't probably like this.  In my case, I love putting this on top of my nude-colored lipsticks for a more sexy, pouty look (MAC Peachstock + this = LOVE!) Consistency is thick and it's a bit sticky so you just need a little if you want this to work on your favor.



Pearl Radiance Primer
These radiant-light diffusing pearls give skin a pure radiance.  Use them before you use your foundation or just on its own.  In just one step, your skin is hydrated and your complexion perfected.
I've tried this once and found it to be too liquid-y. The pearls are a bit tricky to break down and when it finally does, I don't find much effect on my skin (i only tried this at the back of my hand though).  I'll try this next time on my face and let's see.

Shimmer Cubes
Pick one, two or more shades to blend and create your own look. Shimmer cubes come in a range of iridescent pinks and lilacs.  Think Pink, Live Lilac, Go Violet and Tint in Pink.  Crease resistant and suitable for contact lens wearers.
This is my 2nd set of shimmer cubes and I gave my first one away because I wasn't too happy about it.  I was surprised that this one works a lot better!  I came up with a look and a separate review will be posted soon, so watch out for it.


This limited edition collection is already available at all The Body Shop outlets, so check them out.  Why not try checking out their new Pulse Store at SM Mall of Asia too, while you're at it?
^_^

To be updated with their latest promotions and updates, like The Body Shop page in Facebook.


1 comment:

Issa said...

nice collection! love the packaging! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...