Thursday, July 12, 2012

Product Review: The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes


 The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes
(from the Lily Cole limited makeup collection)
Pick one, two or more shades to blend and create your own look. Shimmer cubes come in a range of iridescent pinks and lilacs.  Think Pink, Live Lilac, Go Violet and Tint in Pink.  Crease resistant and suitable for contact lens wearers.



As I've mentioned in my previous post, this is the second time I got Shimmer Cubes from The Body Shop.  I gave away the first one since I wasn't too happy about it.  I got so fed up with the fall outs and the disco-ball look. So when I got this as a gift during the event, I was like "Uh-oh, not again!"  But now I am just so thankful, for I am loving this quad to bits!


Comes in a sealed transparent square compact which makes it easier to see the shades



The cubes are individually packed, so you can just pop out a few for travel in case you don't need to bring all four. The case is sturdy and is of the right size to fit your makeup kit.






GoViolet, deep plum which is great for smokey eyes
Tint It Pink, light pastel pink that's great for highlighting
Think Pink, deep-dusky pink which is great even when used on its own
Live Lilac, pastel lilac

(Tint It Pink on the lids and under the browbone, Think Pink + Go Violet on the outer-V and crease)



PROs:
Every color blends easily with the other shades in the quad and is also pretty to be used alone
Unlike the previous shimmer cubes I had, this one has less fall out. To apply, dab it on the cube and then tap your brush to remove any excess then pat on your lids.  
I love the metallic finish without looking like a disco ball
I didn't use any primer on the EOTD above and it didn't crease on me for a good 6hrs.  There was a bit of creasing on the inner corner though, but I only swept my finger over it and it looked fine again
Great to be used either wet or dry
A little goes a long way because these babies are pigmented, so I bet this quad will last me for years!
Colors are buildable
Animal-friendly, cruelty-free


(Photo taken around 7pm, there was a bit of creasing on the inner corners, but I just swept my finger over it)

CONs:
I find this quad would only work for those with fair skin
Limited edition, so if you like this get this before it gets sold out!

Overall, I am happy with this quad.  
And I am sure that I won't be giving this away anytime soon!
^_^


4 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

ay grabe, forever di maubos yan no? hahahah super laki ng eyeshadows I mean in CUBE ha? hehehe nice look! :)

Iambrigitte said...

forever talga! hahaha tenchu!

Nanabeams said...

looks pretty!

Unknown said...

I have this! :) It's handy, i can keep it in my pouch unlike huge palettes. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...