Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Swatched and Reviewed: Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks in Gladiolus, Iris and Poppy


Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks 
(AED 52)

I think this is the newest line of lipstick from Revlon (one of my favourite drugstore brands, and probably yours too!) which claims to be made of wax-free high-definition gel technology that will deliver true color clarity without the heavy feel. 

 It comes in 20 shades, all named after flowers, but I think we only have 14 shades available here in the UAE.  Not sure as I only read it somewhere, but let me get back to you on that!
^_^



875 Gladioulus - 850 Iris - 895 Poppy

The packaging comes in reflective silver tubes and clear plastic caps that makes it easier to see the actual color of the lippie. Unlike most lipsticks, these are cut in a slanted way which I think makes it hard to apply the lip color directly from the tube and without getting some color outside your lips.  But maybe that's just me!  The stick also doesn't twist all the way down, making it easy to be nicked when you are taking off the cap or putting it back on.

Iris - Gladiolus - Poppy

These shades that I got have great pigmentation. They don't come off as opaque as I want them to be on the first swipe, but they are definitely buildable. 




875 Gladioulus



Gladiolus is a beautiful classic red with a subtle hint of orange.  This is the shade that Emma Stone is wearing on the ad (I think) and I'm sure you'd agree if I say it really looks amazing on her. It brings a pop of color on her very fair skintone.  


I love this red but I wish it's not as glossy as it is.  I am such a chicken when it comes to wearing bold colors and if ever I'd be able to muster all my courage to do so, I prefer mattes.  



850 Iris



Iris is a plummy-wine kind of red.  At first swatch, it reminded me of MAC Diva but this one's the tamer (or less bolder) version.  This shade will look good on any skintone and is a perfect lip color for the fall season.



Between this shade and Gladiolus, I find myself liking this better.  It's bold, but not as eye-catching like the former. 

895 Poppy


When swatched, this shade looks Orange but when I applied it on my lips, it turned red orange.  Maybe my lips are too pigmented for the real shade to show up. Anyway, I still like it and I think this is a good start for those who are newbies when it comes to wearing reds.




These lipsticks are very creamy and they apply like butter but these aren't the type you can just swipe back and forth without being extra careful for it not to break (or melt?)  Also make sure that you don't store these somewhere which can get really warm unless you want them to end up melting.  

What I really, really like about these lippies is how light they feel on my lips. It's like I am not wearing anything!  On my lips, I mean.  They don't emphasize the lines on my lips and I don't really find the need to apply a lip balm prior to this.  But if you have really dry, chapped lips, I would suggest moisturizing first because these babies are not as moisturizing as you'd expect them to be, despite their creamy/balmy texture.

Oh before I forget, these babies smell like creamy vanilla so if you are sensitive to scents, you won't like these lippies very much as the scent doesn't go away right after application. As for me, I actually enjoy how they smell and to be honest, I even tried licking my lips hoping that they will taste like vanilla candy. So do they taste like that?  I'm not gonna say. Why not try it out yourself? LoL!


I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this line comes with a very nice nude shade.  You know me, I am all for NUDES!  And yes, I mean as a lip color.
^_^

Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...