Monday, December 12, 2011

Give your simple eye makeup an extra Omph! + current favorites

On days that I am running late (which is really becoming more often), I try to veer away from using too much colors for my eyeshadow, to cut my blending effort in half. I usually use a light brown shade for my crease, then a shimmery, almost skin tone shade for my lid.

But to give this look an extra oomph, I'd use a colorful eyeliner together with the (mandatory) black eyeliner
:

Tonymoly eyebrow liner
Benefit Lemon Aid
Beauty Pro e/s in Khaki Sienna and Shimmer Beige
Milani Liquif-eye liners in Aqua and Black
Prestige eyeliner in White
MAC Brow set in Girl Boy
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander in Blue Black (Glass Trick collection)
Benefit Eye Bright


Whenever I use a colored eyeliner, I'd still use a black eyeliner below it, as close as possible to the lash lines. Well, eyeliners help give an illusion of thick and luscious lashes. And I don't think using other colors aside from the natural color of your lashes would look natural. So black liner topped with your preferred eyeliner shade is the way to go...still looking natural + an extra pop on your eye makeup.


Tonymoly Snail BB Cream
Benefit Erase Paste and Boi-ing
NYX Matte Not Flat HD powder in Nude
Revlon Matte blush in Blushing Berry
MAC Sculpt and Shape

NYX Matte lipstick in Aubrey


I LOVE Benefit Eye Bright! It's my favorite in my Confessions of Concealaholic kit. It's amazing how it gives me that "awake" look despite always being sleepy...I don't get more than 5hrs of sleep during weekdays, that's why! I am so gonna get this in full size, together with Moon Beam, Hello Flawless! and Benetint. And yes, their store is opening this December 15 at Greenbelt 5!

Another current favorite is the NYX Matte Not Flat powder. It provides coverage while keeping your face matte, that doesn't look dull. The reason? It has tiny shimmers (very tiny) that is just enough to give you a fresh, bright look. Oh, I know it's confusing but I encourage you to check it out and try it. When I first learned from Digitaltraincase that she'll be offering it, the words "Matte, not flat" totally intrigued me and immediately reserved the shade that I think would suit me. Nude is my perfect shade!

It's the beginning of another work week, and I was able to enjoy this weekend (sans having to work on a Sunday, again) since my sister celebrated her debut last Saturday. It was a blast, and I'm such a proud big sister for having a beautiful (and brainy) and awesome little sister...which is not so little anymore, she's taller than me already!


And here's something to start up your week:


^_^

Have a great week ahead, everybody!


8 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

LOL! Fave ko yung last pix! pang profile pix! LOL!!! Same as you, game ako sa colored eyeliners pag tinatamad! :)

Jamilla Camel said...

I love the blue liner! Really makes your eyes pop!

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

ganda nun Aqua color! Magaya nga hahaha

xoxo
MrsMartinez

sugar sugar said...

love your eyeliner! :)

Kiara Tesoro said...

is this eyeshadow #2 and #4 first row sa palette? :)

Issa said...

ganda ng eyeliner! :)

Unknown said...

great look.. x

Ice said...

Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...