Monday, March 11, 2013

Tutorial: How I do my brows...

For the longest time, I've been getting a lot of requests for me to do a tutorial on how I do my brows.  Honestly, I didn't expect that people would like my eyebrows.  I personally think I look "mataray" with my brows, but I prefer it than my "normal" brows.
^_^

I remember having my brows plucked for the first time right before I entered college.  I think I got too excited after, that I can hardly keep my hands and my tweezers off my brows.  So yeah, I ended up with almost non-existent eyebrows for a while..more or less for my entire college years! (laughs)

When I graduated, got a job and finally able to afford my "kaartehan" a little, my first makeup purchase was brow pencils.  I started "drawing" my brows and I've been doing it since then.  If you've been reading my blog since I've started, you'd know that my eyebrows didn't look the way they look now.  


My brows have really evolved, take a look:


2007

2008

2009

And I believe, I even had those "angry-bird" looking eyebrows too!  But as we all know, practice makes perfect...and after years of doing my brows, I think I can say my brows are looking a lot better now:


what do you think?  I still have a long way to go when it comes to really perfecting my brows, i know!  But it's okay, it's one thing I wouldn't mind doing every.single.day.  Who knows, the universe might just get tired of seeing me drawing my brows every day that it might just leave it on me permanently.  I just wish it would be a good set of brows I've drawn, though!

^_^

Of course, it still depends on my mood. 
 Sometimes, I still end up with wonky brows.  


Before the tutorial, let me show you what I use:


my eyebrow-army!
^_^


K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow in 01
I use this to draw the outline of my brows to a shape I want.  I love its being waterproof, so I don't really have to worry bout losing my brows anytime of the day. I don't think I can live without this baby so thank you, Beauty Corp. for bringing this is to PH!


L'oreal Super Liner Brow Pencil
This is to fill in my brows. The pencil I use actually depends on what I get to grab first.  I sometimes use that of Rimmel's, MAC's, etc.




Charm Pro Brow Brush
My HG eyebrow brush.  It helps me achieve that natural-looking brows despite me having to draw most of it. 


Kanebo Designing Eyebrow Kit
This one's optional.  I use this when I don't have my pencil, or sometimes I still use it after pencil if I feel like my brows need more color or filling-in.


Majolica Majorca Brow and Lash Colorist in BR333
This is to set my brows and/or to lighten it a bit if I find my brows too dark for my look.  This is the shade that currently matches my hair too!


And now here's my tutorial:



I hope you like it!

Have a great week, everyone!



Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (Iamsutil) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

5 comments:

Kitten said...

the majolica majorca's brow gel does make your eyebrows look more natural. Interesting tutorial :)

Unknown said...

Nice tutorial! This will surely help me doing my own brows. :D

Kisses,
DAINTY CHIC by Loila L.

Bernadette Villanueva said...

I've been adoring your brows for soooo long Jheng! I always tell you that. Thanks for this tutorial. I need a lot of practice pa. Hihi. :)

Gracina said...

where can we purcqhse those kits? thanks for posting!

Isabeau Jane said...

One of the best brow tutorials!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...