Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Body Shop Colour Crush Lipsticks...

Months ago, The Body Shop launched a new line of lipsticks called Colour Crush that is said to have replaced their Colour Glide lipsticks.  There are 24 shades available split into groups of reds, pinks and browns.



The Body Shop Colour Crush Lipsticks

According to The Body Shop website, these lipsticks give a stunning pop of color and rich moisture and are infused with a subtle rose scent.


For today, I'll be sharing with you swatches of the two shades that I got (thanks a bunch, Dinna!) and a bit of review.







Coral Kiss - Innocent Pink



As you can see on the first photo, the packaging is simple and cute.  I like that it's light making it perfect for travel and that the color of the cap already gives you an idea of the lippie's actual shade. 

What I don't like on the way these babies are packaged is that once you peel the plastic wrapping off the tube, the sticker which has the actual shade name is also removed. But don't worry, since the shade number is printed at the bottom of the tube and if you don't mind calling your lippies by numbers, I guess that's okay.
^_^


[315] Coral Kiss  and  [215] Innocent Pink

[215] Innocent Pink

A light, pearlescent baby pink, that I think would look great for those who are fair-skinned and who doesn't have pigmented lips like mine. As you can see, the color did change a bit after I applied it on my lips.  Probably it would look better if I applied powder or concealer first so the real color would come out.  Nevertheless, the shade is really nice and can be a great everyday lippie for those who want a young, carefree vibe.


[315] Coral Kiss

My kind of MLBB (My Lips But Better) shade.  It's a pretty shimmering peach nude, perfect for those who want an everyday lippie that can only make them look polished, and not overly made up.  And yes, a perfect pair for strong, smokey eyes too!

These lipsticks are easy to apply, they glide on smoothly on the lips giving your puckers moisture without looking like you've just eaten Lechon.   The ingredients cherry seed oil and marula oil are the main reason why these lippies are incredibly moisturizing.  As for the pigmentation, I can say that these shades are just so-so as compared to the swatches of the other shades I've seen online.  There are mattes and pearlescents finish in this lipstick line, and I think the mattes are the ones that has the most pigmentation.  Both shades have an okay staying power, but you definitely need to reapply after a meal.  I've read that the other shades leave a bit of a stain, but then again those probably are the ones with the matte finish.

Having said that, I think I'm gonna check out those other shades.  I am not a lipstick-type of person but hey, being weeks away from another new year calls for trying out new things..yes!?

By the way, these babies are priced at 68AED each.  Too much?  I don't think so...just don't let me start converting it to Peso..

^_^




Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...