Tuesday, March 3, 2015

DKNY MYNY Fragrance: A Bit of New York in a Bottle


yours truly taking a selfie behind Lady Liberty

If there's a city that I would love to visit again it would be New York.  I've been to a number of places in that city during our 3-wk stay in NJ, but I know there's still a lot to explore. If only I haven't been so lazy to get up early and take the 1hr-bus ride to NY, I could've seen more. Ugh, regrets. Note to self next time: Grab each freakin' opportunity to explore a new place as you might not have a second chance.  In short, wag tatamad-tamad.

So while I can only dream of another trip to the city that never sleeps, it's good to have something available that I can always reach out for and be reminded of the good times I had in New York...the MyNy fragrance from DKNY.

DKNY MYNY

Top notes:  Raspberry, Pink Pepper, Galbanum
Middle notes: Jasmine, Freesia, Orris
Base notes: Patchouli, Vanilla, Musk, Ambergris


On the first sniff, I find it very sweet.  I used to be a fan of sweet scents but I guess, everything changes with age. Tee-hee!  Anyway, once the sweetness evaporates, the floral heart notes kick in though there is still that pop of sweetness.  After awhile, there comes the patchouli.  I know not many people are fan of patchoulis as they can come up very strong but this isn't. It blends well with the creaminess of vanilla and ends with a dry down of a gorgeous mix of fruity florals and patchouli that's very wearable and sexy at the same time.   

As for longevity, it stays a good 4-5hrs when sprayed on the skin and longer when sprayed on clothes. 


The bottle itself is stunning taking the form of heart with a silver top half and a clear glass bottom.  The cubic top is reminiscent of the New York skyline, which just adds more NY feel to the perfume.  It is indeed your "New York in a bottle."  I usually throw away empty perfume bottles but I don't think I'd throw this one away.  


While I find the packaging really cute, I find that the mist is not as fine as it should be when you spritz it.  It's somewhat sabog, I hope you get what I mean.
^_^

Overall, I am really liking this perfume. I don't like it very much on the first spritz but as soon as it dries down, I just fall in love. BE Delicious used to top my list when it comes to DKNY fragrances but this one obviously takes the No. 1 spot now.


Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...