Sunday, October 26, 2014

Clarins Autumn 2014 Makeup Collection...

For autumn, the essentials are matte, tones of nude, beige and auburn.  I know some may see neutrals as boring (like I used to!) but with Clarins Autumn 2014 collection called Ladylike, it's all about elegance, natural beauty and femininity. 




Let's try to get to know each product in the collection:

Perfect Eyes and Brows Palette
(AED 210)

If there's one item I'd like to get my hands on from this collection, it will be this!  It has 3 powder shades that you can also use as eyeshadows for a simple, neutral look, a nude pink shade eyeshadow that can be used on the inner corners of the eyes or just below the browbone to highlight and a transparent wax to keep those unruly brow hairs primped all day.  You also get a tweezer, a spoolie and an eyeshadow applicator.  


Eye Quartet Mineral Palette
(AED 230)

This palette includes shade of soft beige, intense dark brown and two taupes. It can be used wet or dry and since they are of satin-finish, this palette is perfect for those with mature skin as they won't highlight or accentuate creases or wrinkles on the eyes.  

Blush Prodige in Tawny Pink
(AED 180)

Infused with bamboo powder and tomato extract, it gives the cheeks that most-coveted, natural healthy glow. It looks like a dark mauve and with some gold specks on the pan but after checking swatches online, it looks almost matte. 



Ombre Matte Cream-to-Powder Eyeshadows
(AED 108)

I am not really a fan of cream-to-powder eyeshadows because more often than not, it leaves me that sticky feel and a creased-look after a few hours of wear.  A few reviews I've found online say that they are long-wearing and feels so light on the skin. If there's another item in this collection that I would want to try, it would be this. The color selection is great too! 


Nude Beige



Nude Pink



Taupe



Rosewood



Sparkle Grey


Earth


Be Long Mascara in Intense Black
(AED 143)

This is makeup and lash care in one! Not only does it help make lashes look fuller and longer after an application but it also has ingredients that encourages lash growth. It has Panthenol too, to help strengthen your lashes.



3-Dot Liner in Brown
(AED 119)

I must say I am very intrigued with this eye liner. It is said to emulate luscious lashes which is more natural-looking and can be used even by newbies in the eyelining department.  Hmmm. One more item added to the wishlist!
^_^ 




Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base
(AED 130)

I already met my HG eyeshadow primer which is the one from NARS, but with this baby's illuminating effect plus its promise of keeping your eye makeup stay put for longer hours is just killing me! I think you can wear this on its own when you want your eyes to be makeup-free but still looking evened out and primped. Again, this is a makeup plus skincare, which I think is always a good thing because you get two products in one.


Instant Light Brush-On Perfector
(AED 119)

I call this "Instant Beauty in a Swipe."  I haven't tried this one from Clarins but I've been using a similar product from other brands. I apply it on my undereyes, bridge of my nose and cheekbones as a highlighter. This particular product from Clarins is infused with ingredients that tightens and smoothens skin as well as moisturize.  



 And of course, a makeup collection won't be complete without the lip colors. Presenting, the new colors of Clarins Rouge Eclat, priced at AED 119 each:

  




Candy Rose



Pink Magnolia



Strawberry Sorbet



Chestnut Brown



Red Fuschia


I am not so keen when it comes to lipsticks but the candy rose and the pink magnolia shades are calling my name! I remember being able to try a lipstick from this brand before and I like how it feels on the lips. It's light, it doesn't bleed and the color pay-off is just amazing! 



The collection is now available in the UAE. 
I'll try to update my posts for the prices!


Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...