Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Product Review: Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner

I know i've already posted about my HG eyeliner months ago, but i don't think finding another great (not to mention, cheap) product that absolutely works would hurt. :)


Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner provides intense colour with deep black undertones.
The water-proof, smudge-proof, transfer-proof formula lasts up to 10 hours.
Paraben-free.

available shades:
Deepest Black, Bold Brown, Fierce Blue and Daring Green
(more shades available at international stores)

It was just one of those days at the mall, just before going home that i chanced upon these new items from Prestige when i dropped by Beauty Bar. I've heard a lot of raves about their eyeliners, but sadly, they didn't work on my uber oily lids when i tried them. I remember buying a few pencil liners but ended up giving them away to friends who immediately liked them.

When i saw these new items together with brow kits and gels, the curious me again decided to give this seemingly great stuff another chance.

So i went ahead and swatched them on my hand. After swatching, i rubbed it and to my disappointment, it smudged. I was about to give up on them when i decided to swatch the blue one. I was about to rub it again when i decided to swatch all the other shades first...and then this SA approached me and tried talking me into buying the brow kit. She was still talking to me when i remembered going back to rubbing the swatches i have on my hand. I rubbed and rubbed while my eyes were still on the SA trying to amaze me with the brow kit. (LOL)

i politely told her that i have spare brow kits at home and i don't need another one soon. I then checked on the swatches on my hand...and was really surprised to see them as fresh as when they were applied. I rubbed, and rubbed and rubbed again...but the liners seem not to be going anywhere.

so yeah, i got myself the one in Bold Brown since i am loving my Revlon liner in Blackest Black.

what i love:

  • smudgeproof...you just have to be patient in setting it for a minute and i assure you, this baby won't be going anywhere after!
  • slides smoothly like a cream eyeliner. the creamy consistency is comparable with that of UD 24/7 pencil liners. but at a cheaper price (less than Php400 locally)
  • and since this goes on like butter, no lid tugging...meaning less chances of getting those nasty wrinkles soon!
  • no allergic reactions...i even tried wearing this while i have my contacts on and no stubborn itching or redness happened
  • intense colors...and i say, really intense!

what i hate:

  • it's so creamy that when i sharpen it, a lot of product gets wasted
  • it's waterproof...but not anymore when you rubbed it. well, at least i don't have to worry about getting it off at the end of the day. my nivea cleansing milk gets rid of it effortlessly.
  • always OOS! i went back to the same store only to find out that they already ran out of this. I tried other branches and still no total intensity liners available...(sniff) so when you come across this, don't let them go away hahaha!
  • limited color selection. i would be more than happy to see shades in purple, silver, white, etc etc.

swatched - rubbed many times - wet then rubbed

on my eye

swatches from MUA.com

TIPS:

  • let it set for a minute at the most before doing anything on it. don't try to smudge it right after application or it will smudge like crazy! LOL once it sets, it's gonna be there until you would want to remove it.
  • i was told that before sharpening, place it inside the fridge first so it won't be that soft and less product will be wasted. haven't tried this though
  • for those who don't want to apply this directly from the pencil, you can also use an eyeliner brush. this works great with my MAC 266 brush

would i buy again?

definitely...if only i'd find stocks!


10 comments:

Crystal said...

wow great review! i've read great things about these pencils too.

Daisy said...

I had the brown one. Totoo smudge-free to. Nagulat din ako. And yeah, "had" - ninenok ng nanay ko to. :P

AskMeWhats said...

i've read raves about this! thanks for confirming that this really works :)

Unknown said...

awesome, a drugstore version of urban decay's 24/7.

i've got the older prestige water proof eyeliner na automatic, di naman smudge proof, it transfers pa on my lower water line from the upper waterline (doh).

thanks for the review.

Miss Shopcoholic said...

thanks for the review! I only tried PRestige's powder and foundation..

Artistix said...

hey sis - yeah these are great arnt they, I got them in grey, black, brown and olive.

this liner does come in a shade of purple, its very nice too...

Angela said...

I bought these about two weeks ago...I'm in love with these liners...super cheap, great for the humid weather we have...and survives my freakishly oily lids...Enjoy your new stash! Great post.

♥ Nehs ♥ said...

can i use this for my waterline? mag-stay kaya sya? thanks. :)

Kate Gene said...

WOWEE! That black is crazy dark and opaque. I really like it!

sushiflower said...

hi. there's a seller in ebay that sells prestige eyeliners for only 50-70 bucks!:) this specific type of eyeliner that you have costs 66.oo :)there's a variety of colors to choose from. hope this helps :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...