Monday, March 1, 2010

Product Review: MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation

ahhh, another foundation! i must admit, i will never get enough of foundations! if there's only one makeup that i can't live without, it would definitely be FOUNDATIONS!

A creamy, luxurious, gel-based foundation that provides medium buildable to high coverage with a natural satin finish. Hydrating, instantly revitalizes the skin while keeping it looking smooth, soft and plush. Long-wearing, water-resistant.

(photo and product blurb from MAC)

i remember trying this on one of our lunch break trips to MAC in shade NC25. i immediately fell in love with the coverage but unfortunately, it's OOS. i asked the SA to give me a call in case it gets available again.

months have passed, and i totally forgot all about it.

until a friend offered this as a swap during one of our (very good) deals:


finally...in shade NC25

swatches

what i love:
  • it's gel like consistency that is easy to blend and dries to a matte, powdery finish that looks natural
  • moisturizing but not greasy
  • very pigmented, a little goes a long way
  • has SPF. but since it only has spf15, it would be better to apply a separate sunblock with higher spf prior to this
  • provides medium to heavy coverage
  • no creasing and settling on fine lines
  • looks natural
  • won't cake even if you applied too much
  • hygienic packaging and since it's in a plastic tube, no danger of breaking and not heavy like those bottled foundations

now let me show you my BEFORE shot...
warning: not for the faint hearted!


yeah, my skin's that terrible!

but thanks to this foundation, it helps me make my skin a little less scary:


foundation also used as concealer, then set by stippling MAC MSF Natural in Light

what i hate:
  • can be a bit oily after a few hours, but it's nothing that a little blotting won't be able to fix
  • a bit more expensive than Studio Fix (i think it's priced at Php1850), but i bet the tube will last me for a long time since i only need a little (2 pea-sized is more than enough)
will i buy again?
yes. but probably in NC20 since NC25 goes a bit dark on me (i'm uber acidic..sniff)


TIPS:
  • this goes well on drier skins. if you're oily, don't forget to apply primer first
  • can be applied using a brush or your fingers. i find it better to be applied with fingers...but of course, use a brush when using this on clients
  • tap, tap, tap on spots you'd want to cover and let it dry for a while before setting with your finishing powder of choice
so ladies, have you tried this foundation? did you like it, or hate it? in my case, i am really loving this foundation. this is what i've been using on most days and this never fails to cover those nasty scars i got from a recent breakout.

let's hear from you!

6 comments:

dustbunny said...

i'm happy that you're really liking this foundation :) it's good that i swapped with you since you really enjoyed it. i wasn't really reaching out for it nowadays since i'm just using moisturizer, sun screen, and tinted moisturizer daily coz my skin's behaving well as of late. I just use foundation lately when i attend special affairs/events and for reviewing purposes. i'll contact u once the revlon photoready arrives so u know when i'll send it to u :)

AskMeWhats said...

I really like the coverage! I've always thought this comes in sheer coverage! great to know your skin looks flawless with this, great swap definitely!

April Rovi said...

wow i love the coverage! i must try it =) thanks dear!

Cristina said...

I like this foundation in terms of finish and coverage...but I could not find a match. NC range is not yellow enough for my skin...I have NC37 and it looks awkward :-/

Crystal said...

whoa ang ganda nga ng coverage! looks like a good product.

Emily Anne said...

I just did a live chat with an mac artist and they suggested this to me! I'm excited I LUV your post. Don't worry about your picture I look the same. heehe.
Check my blog too, it's new. Please comment on my blog if you are still using this please!
http://queenbeeemily.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...