Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Product Review: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Complete UV Waterlight Lotion

I hate the sun. If possible, I'd stay indoors all day...probably all my life, just to stay away from the sunspots and freckles that most of us would dread to have.

But of course, that isn't possible. I have to go to work everyday and no matter how hard i try, there will always be an excuse for me to go out during weekends. And since it's summer, there are lots of invites to outings that I just can't say NO to. Besides, I can't hide from the sun all the time...can I?

I can't remember when I first started using sunblocks for my body. With a vain mom like mine, I probably started early..hahaha. Back then, I'd apply the same sunblock on my face and body...not minding how sticky it is and how oily my face would look after some time. But when I started putting on makeup, I just know I had to get something that's made specifically for the face.

We need something that is lightweight, not sticky and if it's not too much to ask, something that won't mess up with our makeup after a few hours. And of course, one that would protect us from the harmful UVA/UVB rays of the sun. Light on the face, but would work as hard as the sunblock we use on our body.

Superior ultra-lightweight protection lotion against UV and environmental aggressors for healthy, beautifully radiant skin. With breakthrough Helioplex that works like an invisible shield for skin by effectively blocking out harmful UVA/UVB rays and helping neutralize free radical damage. Skin is provided with superior protection against darkening and signs of premature aging. Fluid texture to give you fresh, ultra light feel. Combined with Dry Touch Technology for a non-oily and non-sticky texture, you can spread it on smoothly to a clean and non-shiny finish.

Dermatologist tested, PABA-free, oil-free, does not clog pores.

Use at the end of your skincare routine after moisturizer as a superior daily blocker. Suitable for use as a makeup base


swatched

rubbed

blended in


likes:
light on the face
non-sticky and can be applied smoothly
a little goes a long way (but remember that you need a half teaspoon for the face if you'll be out in the sun for a LONG time)
high SPF
leaves a non-shiny and velvety finish. Once blended in, you'll forget you have sunblock on!
gives skin a healthy glow
no allergic reactions
if you have dry skin, this is a good makeup base as it gives enough moisture
doesn't leave a whitish cast
dries fast
reasonably priced, Php460.00

(scary, eh?)

dislikes:
if you have a very oily skin (ehem), this won't help in making your foundation stay put.
it has some sort of sunscreen-y scent, that some might not like. but rest assured it goes away after a few minutes


TIPS:
Don't use on eye area. I haven't tried it, but I've read that some experienced some stinging and burning feeling after accidentally applying this on their eye areas.

You don't need too much if you're not staying too long under the sun, a pea-sized amount is enough.

Massage on your face and blend it very well before applying makeup.

Overall, I like this sunblock but not totally inlove just because i have uber oily skin and this doesn't help in making my makeup stay put. Well, not unless I put a layer of my face primer. :) But on days that I don't need to put on makeup or if I don't need to look made up for a long time, this is enough. With the healthy glow it gives me, all i need is some lipbalm and I am ready to go.

(don't forget my eyebrows, LOL!)

FOTD with the sunblock underneath my mineral makeup

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Sis try the new Belo sunblock... my mom and I love it, it's completely non-greasy and controls oil very well. Plus cheap pa! That's our experience with it. Hehe. :D

Panda Eyes said...

tanong ko lang po kung anong mas maganda? yung Cetaphil na sunblock o itong Neutrogena? ano masbagay para sa oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin sa 2?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...