Monday, May 24, 2010

turned another year older...

every year, i would dread my birthday. if given a choice, i'd sleep on it and just wake up the day after. hmm, and i must confess, i'd feel a bit depressed whenever my birthday is just around the corner. i guess i hate getting old, huh!

what greeted me when i came in the office (after an hour and a half being late, hehehe):


at that point, i told myself...getting old isn't bad!

people greeted me as soon as i came in the office...and my phone's beeping non-stop, even getting calls abroad just to greet me. at that point, i want to give myself a hard poke in the head for hating this day...the day when people would treat me extra special =)

gifts i got:


left: from my ever thoughtful mother-in-law..she even threw in a box of yummy chocolates!
right: from Mina, my officemate's wife who i met during our recent trip

a mango top and banoffee pie from Lui. there's also my favorite peanut butter sandwich from Weng

a cake and a drawing of me. my colleagues say i look like Emily Strange when i cut my bangs months ago. good thing i am trying to grow it back now. LOL!

i took my officemates out for lunch. and guess what, my mom and sister made it! i actually asked them to come over for my birthday since I won't be able to go home to spend it with them. honestly, i still prefer spending occasions like this with my loving family instead of going out on a gimmick and getting drunk..lol!

my family checked in at a nearby hotel and this what greeted me when i came right after office:


what's inside:



yeah, i turned 31 last May 5. but i don't feel like anything have changed about me. I am still the same old, goofy me:


and i guess, i won't be changing from being like that anytime soon!

thanks my dear readers for staying with me. i know i haven't been blogging for quite a while now but whenever i visit my site, i'd see people online and leaving me messages. i hope you'd still bear with me for the next coming weeks as i get busier in the office. but i will try to update as often as i can.

i hope you won't get tired of me...and thanks for all those who greeted me on my birthday!


10 comments:

Tara Cabullo said...

Happy Birthday, Jheng dear! That looked like it was a wonderful celebration :) I'm pretty sure it cheered up your stressful days. Sana magkita tayo ulit soon, I super like making chika with you!

I hope it's another year of more blessings, you deserve it cos you're a good person :)

Mwah mwah! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG we have the same bday

AnNeTtEe said...

happy birthday Jheng & rain_12blue! =) God bless!

Miss Shopcoholic said...

happy birthday Jheng!

Greenpease said...

Belated Happy Birthday Sis!!!!

Chrissy said...

Happy happy birthday sis! I'm glad you enjoyed your special day!

JoiceyTwenty said...

happy birthday, pretty :)

Bernadette Villanueva said...

Belated happy birthday, Jheng! Alamo, like you, I'm a bit sad when it's my birthday, and I haven't figured out why! Haha. But you have a thousand reasons to be happy na! I remember your stories of your mom & baby sister, LOL. And please, don't ever change, I love how fun & goofy you are! =D

L said...

Belated happy birthday, sis!

I hope you had a good one.

<3<3<3

Gracie said...

Belated happy happy birthday sis! It's only a number sis, we're just as old as we feel. You'll forever be a happy birthday girl sis... something to look forward every year :)xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...