Saturday, October 12, 2013

Product Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Eyeshadow...

If you love cream eyeshadows, like MAC Paint Pots and Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows, then you might want to check out this cheaper alternative from Maybelline.  But take note that you might want to get any shade except Painted Purple.  Wanna know why? Read on...


Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Eyeshadow

According to Maybelline, this stuff has their ink technology giving it a super saturated color that is smudge-proof and crease-proof for 24hrs!  Now I don't know who would want to wear an eye makeup for an entire day.  But if you do, then I am most certain that this baby is for you.



There are a lot of shades to choose from, and Maybelline did a great job in the color selection.  They have great neutrals and brights in slightly shimmery formulation (so, no need to be scared to look like a disco ball) and even mattes!



Packaging is more like that of Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadows.  Also like MAC's Paint Pots but MAC has a rounder plastic cap. The base is made of glass so I don't recommend this to careless people like myself...geesh, I just like dropping things!  It's kinda heavy for travel and if you're not used to using fingers to apply makeup then you'll have to bring a separate brush and both will occupy a good amount of space in your makeup kit.  But if you bring a makeup kit the size of an overnight bag, then I don't think you'd have any problem with free space. Haha!



I got this at CVS back in the US and most of the shades that I want to get (the neutrals) were out of stock.  What's left are the teal, the orange and this one.  I wanted to get the orange but it's so strikingly loud in color and I don't think I'd be able to wear it anyway.  Between Teal and this one, I think this is more like my color. (I think)

3 layers, no flash

by the way, my hand doesn't really have these weird-looking dark spots and it doesn't appear like this when I view the photo in my computer.  Somehow, after uploading to Blogger, it would look like this. Sniff.  Anybody who's having the same issue?

3 layers, with flash

It's a solid cream eyeshadow but it melts like butter once in contact with the skin making it easier to apply and blend (but not this particular shade). You can use this on its own and your eyeshadow will not smudge or crease the entire time.  I find it more difficult to blend when I use a primer underneath so I guess this would work a lot better on its own.  I've tried using my fingers and a brush and I find using my finger easier in applying the product.  Then I just use a brush to blend the edges and get rid of the harsh lines.


Maybelline Cream Eyeshadow on the lid, and a powder eyeshadow to blend the edges.  


Now, I wish I got a different shade instead because when I first use the product it came out sheer.  I had to pile up to make it look more intense. Take note that the swatches above aren't single swipes, but 3.  Also, it came out uneven when applied.  It looks a bit patchy and streaky.    After reading other reviews online and tried the other shades thru a friend, I discovered that this particular shade is probably the odd one out.  Except for this one, the rest of the Color Tattoo shades are very pigmented and applies evenly.

But yes, it stays on without smudging or creasing!  I haven't tried wearing it for 24hrs but it remained crease-free for more than 12hrs when I wore it during my last day in NY.  I was out from 10am until almost 12mn and my eye makeup still looked as if I've just applied it.  

 You can use it as a primer, an eyeshadow and an eyeliner.  And for it's price (I got this for $7 at CVS then the next Maybelline item for half the price), this is one good buy! 


What I like:
It's a cheaper alternative to MAC Paint Pots and Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows
Easy to apply and blend
Can be used as a primer, eyeshadow and eyeliner
It's a great lid wash for your lazy days
Definitely no creasing or smudging
Can be removed easily by a makeup remover
No gooey or plastic-ky feeling on the lids


What I don't like:
The glass packaging.  Well, it's not suited for careless people like me!
This particular shade is not pigmented and application is not even


If you are thinking of getting this line, make sure to skip this shade.  I promise you, you won't get disappointed with the other shades available.  For my readers back in the Philippines, I don't think this line is available but I'm pretty sure there are online sellers out there who have these babies available.  

I haven't been able to check if this is available here in Dubai, but I am definitely getting the other shades if I do get the chance. I used to hate cream eyeshadows until the MAC Paint Pots but if I could get the same effect and results with a much cheaper alternative then I'd be more than happy!
^_^


Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...