Sunday, May 31, 2015

Rimmel Exaggerate Smoke n' Shine Eyeliner

If there is one makeup item I hoped I've learned to use when I was still in school, it would be the eyeliner.  When I learned how to use eyeliners, I just couldn't seem to get enough of them.  I rarely go out without lining my eyes.  And if you've been reading my blog for quite some time now, you'd know that my eye makeup won't be complete without my signature winged liner.  
Eyeliners don't just give you the opportunity to change the shape of your eyes, but it also helps make your eyelashes look fuller. If you are too lazy to put on eyeshadow, then coloured eyeliners are your best bet to make your eyes pop.  

Today let me share with you these eyeliners from one of the brands that have been slowly taking up a lot of space in my makeup kit.  Don't get me wrong, this brand Rimmel, is slowly becoming one of my favorite drugstore brand..next to Revlon, of course!
^_^

Rimmel London Exaggerate Smoke N' Shine Eyeliner
(AED 23)
Take your eye-look to an even more XX-treme level with new Rimmel Exaggerate Smoke n’ Shine Liner. Boldly enhance eyes with precision and ease. This Automatic Pencil eyeliner delivers an effortless streak of super-saturated, luminous colour with a shiny gel-like finish. Make an impact by defining your eyes with fierce lines; or blend easily from high definition rich colours to a smokey rich colour using the built-in smudger. 
Available Shades:
Little Black Smokey
Copper Bling
Purple Craze
Blue Steel 

Out of the 4 shades, I got 3: Copper Bling, Blue Steel and Purple Craze (not in photo)

Though these eyeliners come with a built-in sharpener (located on the other end of the pencil, below the smudge tip), you won't really need it because all you need to do is twist and more product will come out. Unless of course you'd want to draw a really precise line.

the smudger tip

Purple Craze - Copper Bling - Blue Steel


Take note that the swatches at the bottom row have been swiped just once, and yet, the pigmentation is already amazing. The formula is like that of gel eyeliners. They glide on easily, without the need to pull or tug your eyelids.

wearing Blue Steel as a usual eyeliner


And this is how it looks if you want a smokey, smudged look using just this eyeliner:

Take note though that if you'd be smudging the eyeliner using the smudger tip, expect that there will be a lot of tugging, which is not good. Should you need to smudge it, try your best to do it gently. 

Copper Bling

Purple Craze

I did mention earlier that eyeliners help in making your lashes look fuller. But if you'd be using just a light coloured eyeliner to line your eyes, it wouldn't be the case.  To still give your peepers the illusion of having full, luscious lashes, use black eyeliner and make sure you line near to your lash lines.

Like so:



I just realized that I should've curled my lashes and applied mascara so you'd really see the big difference but I hpe you'd still get my point.
^_^


I like these eyeliners because:
1) They are easy to use
2) Pigmentation is amazing
3) It has this glossy finish which helps get more attention to your peepers
4) You can use it as an eyeshadow by applying it on your lids then smudging it with either the smudger tip or your finger.
5) It's so affordable! You can get all the shades and still won't leave a hole in your pocket.

What I don't like about these eyeliners:
1) They are not smudge-proof. Well, if they are then it won't have a smudger tip in the first place. Hahaha!  
2) I have super-duper oily lids so these won't stay put.  I've already tried using an eyeshadow primer but I still can't keep it from moving. 

But just because I can't keep these eyeliners to stay put, it doesn't mean I'd be tossing them away. I don't use them as an eyeliner, but as a base for my eye shadow instead.  

If you don't have oily lids like I do, then these eyeliners would work for you. To be extra sure that it won't move as much, apply a translucent powder on top or an eyeshadow in the same shade as the liner.

Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (_IAmBrigitte_) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

2 comments:

Kiran Imtiaz said...

Copper tone and blue steel look great. I have the definer version of these.

Iambrigitte said...

yeah they do! Thanks for dropping by :) Kiran Imtiaz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...