Monday, January 24, 2011

Product Review: Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

REVLON Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

Double ended lipstain and balm all in one convenient package
Marker applicator provides precise application
Translucent stick balm provides instant moisture and soft shine
Beautiful wash of "just-bitten" lip color
Lightweight feel

Lipstain
Vitamin-enriched formula with Vit. C for antioxidant protection

Color does not smudge or streak in 10 lightweight shades

Balm
Contains Vit. C for protecting skin
Creamy, lightweight balm perfectly melts on the lips for smooth glide-on application
Translucent balm provides instant moisture and soft shine

[L-R] Passion, Gothic, Crave

When I first got these, I remember that I used to have (almost) the same thing from MAC. The difference is, the ones from Revlon has a lipbalm on the other end, so I won't worry about dry lips like when I was still using that of MAC's. I got pretty much excited because I've always had a problem with making my lipstick/gloss last longer.

what i love:
nice color payoff
with its tip applicator, i can apply it on my lips precisely
you have more control on how pigmented you'd like your lips to be
stays put for a long time. i've applied it in the morning, drank coffee, had lunch and i still have a bit of color on my lips
the packaging. it saves a lot of space because of its dual-ended packaging
not sticky
no "bitter" or "weird" taste
no bleeding
feels lightweight


what i hate:
i can't use this on my clients. it would've been a great lip base to make sure that they won't end up with pale-looking lips. probably i should ask them to get one for themselves first? ^_^
can be drying and can accentuate those dry, wrinkled lips. but it's nothing that can be fixed by proper lip exfoliation prior to application and retouching with the lip balm
i've checked some of the shades available and they are quite loud and can be a tad clown-y. however, i am loving the Passion shade
i wish the balm can be twisted back in, i've accidentally chopped off some parts of it when i was in a hurry in putting the cap back on


here are some swatches on my lips.
on the first picture, the stain has just been applied with the balm on top and on the second, i've wiped it with a wet tissue:

Passion

Gothic

Crave

how to apply:

Apply marker to clean, dry lips
Build color and coverage as desired
Apply the balm after 30 seconds to add extra shine and moisture

Overall, I really like this lipstain + balm. I apply it as lip base and apply a similar shade of lipstick on top. I tend to lick my lipstick off my lips, but with Revlon beneath, I am sure I won't end up with pale-looking lips.

3 comments:

Donna said...

yeah is in it annoying when some lip products stick out like that? i have this one wet and wild lipstick that is situated like the balm on this one and i always have to be careful because im afraid that i will nick it hehe.

i love the passion shade too! thank you for the swatches <3.

♥ mia said...

passion looks great!

Anonymous said...

Please do something about the hair on your upper lip.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...