Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Product Review: Ponds Pure White Deep Cleansing Facial Foam

i wear make up almost everyday. from primer, to foundation, to concealer...the works! at the end of the day, it is just right to make sure that you remove all those layers of make up and of course, the dirt and grime that might have accumulated on my face.

to remove my makeup, i use ponds cold cream, wipe the melted dirt/makeup with purederm acne facial wipes then wash my face with a facial wash. most of the time, i would still see traces of dirt on the cotton after toner. and those times, i'd have the urge to go and wash my face again.

when i first saw this product from Ponds months ago, i told myself "wow, ponds have a facial wash for men!" ^-^ well, you can't blame me...i've seen skincare line especially made for men packaged in black. checking it closely, i realized that it is still for us women (wink wink) but packaging is in black to somehow represent how "strong and powerful" this cleanser is.

Ponds Pure White Deep Cleansing Facial Foam
Pond's reveals its little black beauty secret with the new powerful Pond's Pure White Facial Foam! It has the technology of activated carbon that attracts deep-seated "black" dirt caused by impurities, oil, and make-up to reveal a pure white you.

It is first of its kind to be formulated with activated carbon, which works with "black attracts black". Carbon when heated or "activated" becomes 8x porous; hence, increasing its ability to detoxify and gently exfoliate dead skin cells while retaining the needed moisture.
okay, another funny: i thought the foam would come out black! but no, it's a grey, or more of silver. you just need a small amount and lathers easily. the creamy texture made me enjoy massaging it on my face while imagining all those dirt getting sucked out of my pores. after rinsing, i felt my face to be squeaky-clean but not tight. i waited for a couple of minutes before finally applying toner to check if i'll feel any itching, but there was none. i was also glad that there was hardly any dirt left on the cotton after applying my toner.

i prefer using it at night and just my regular facial wash in the morning. i was too happy with it that i've used it everyday before but realized that it can be drying. so i just use it every other day or whenever i feel like i have too much gunk on my face. take note that i have oily skin and yet this can be drying. so for those who have dry skin, you might want to limit your usage too.

i've been using it for months and i haven't finish a tube. it also somehow helps in drying out my pimples. it's now available nationwide, affordable and available in different sizes:
Php5.00 - 5g
Php15.00 - 15g
Php80.00 - 50g
Php150.00 - 100g


as for the whitening effect, i am not so sure since i've been using other whitening products alongside with this. i'm the type who's cautious in using facial washes but this is one is definitely a keeper.


1 comment:

Aya said...

I use this too and I love it! I like the "tight" feeling I get after using this. I dunno why but I just do! Hahaha. Feeling ko super clean ng face ko after. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...