Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sweet Pea & Fay's Liquid Lipsticks...

Are you into lipsticks? Me, not really.  But if there's one lipstick that I think I can't live without, that would be MAC Peachstock! Even my girl friends can attest to it.  I love it to bits that it's the only lipstick I get to finish and have been re-purchasing.  But this year, I told myself that I'll be more adventurous when it comes to lip colors, and that I would try to wear more brights.   I've been trying out the lipsticks I just bought for my clients' use and surprisingly, I am beginning to appreciate other colors aside from my beloved Peachstock!
^_^

So when I learned that Digitaltraincase finally has the Sweet Pea & Fay's liquid lipsticks, I made sure that I pay their store a visit (which is by the way in the same building where I live) to get the first dibs on their new stuff.

Sweet Pea & Fay Liquid Lipsticks


I've posted some swatches on my Instagram account and got requests to post them here on my blog.  I am always running late in the morning for work, so I never got the chance to take pictures of them under natural light.  So please bear with me as I took these pictures at night..and yes, I'm still dumb when it comes to camera settings!


Top (L-R): Beluga, Canoli, Imogen
Bottom (L-R): Jail Bird, Mermaid Kiss, Musidora


Beluga - Canoli - Imogen


Beluga
Neon soft orange with peach undertones


Canoli
True Nude with gray undertones


Imogen
Bright raspberry pink



Jail Bird - Mermaid Kiss - Musidora


Jail Bird
Soft, coral shade


Mermaid Kiss
Neon hot pink


Musidora
Dark purple with red reflects


Top (L-R): Nantes, Paper Cut, Penelope
Bottom (L-R): Ranunculus, Tea Cups, Willa


Nantes - Paper Cut - Penelope


Nantes
Dark rose color with maroon undertones


Paper Cut
Dark neon pink with purple undertones


Penelope
Reddish purple


Ranunculus - Tea Cups - Willa


Ranunculus
Soft, pastel pink

Tea Cups
Soft, neon pink


Willa
Medium purple with pink undertones


I know some of the swatches on my lips don't really give justice to how pigmented these babies are...so better check out the swatches at the back of my hand instead.

Take note that I've only used a teeny-weeny amount, and applied one layer.  As you can see most of them are really opaque like the Willa, Penelope, Musidora, Nantes, Paper Cut and Jail Bird even with just one layer.  They are creamy, somehow feels matte but they are silky and smooth to apply.  



I like the doe-foot tube packaging, but I find it hard to get the product out of the tube. Probably because it's too creamy?  It can be applied straight from the tube, and just use a finger to smoothen it out but my best bet would still be using a lip brush.  

They are pigmented and they stay fairly long on the lips.  Probably a good 2-3hrs.  Penelope leaves a bit of a stain which still looks okay at the end of the day.  The product tends to settle into the lines of the lips so make sure to moisturize first.  

My favorites are Willa, Penelope, Imogen and Paper Cuts.  I checked online and saw Ukulele...gotta check with Digitaltraincase if they have this shade as well. They are priced at Php390, which I think is a good price to something you can use for months since you only need a little amount each time.

So what do you think? Are these babies something you'd like to try?  Visit Digitaltraincase at the ground floor of Corinthian Executive Regency in Ortigas and check them out.  Do watch out for more items they'll be offering soon...I am getting excited myself!
^_^


Have a happy, stress-free Thursday!



Please like me on Facebook ( IambrigittePage ) and follow me on Twitter (Iamsutil) and Instagram (Iambrigitte)

4 comments:

kumiko mae said...

are they anything at par w OCC lip tars?

Iambrigitte said...

hi K! honestly, i prefer these babies over lip tars. kasi with lip tars, they tend to feather and crack if you dont apply them properly. you really really have to apply lip tars in thin layers. though as for the pigmentation, winner si lip tars.

with these naman, u can layer..no cracking (pero moisturize first if uhave dry lips) and pigmentation is good din naman. nde din sha mabigat sa lips :)

Camille Santos said...

i want musidora,punk punk lang peg.

G said...

this is sooo cool! :D thank you for the complete swatches :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...