Thursday, October 9, 2008

Product Review: MAC Brow Set

"Slick! Strokes on. Adds shine, style, grooming, overall wow! to the brows. A brush-on gel that grooms and slicks brows into shape without flaking or stiffening the brows. Available in several tinted shades or clear, it can be used on its own, or for a nice natural look stroke over Eye Brows. May also be used on lashes, sideburns, and chops - any facial hair."

available shades:

Beguile (a pale brown with a gray undertone)

Girl Boy (a pale brown like Beguile, but with a more red/pink undertone)

Show-Off (a darker, combined version of Beguile and Girl Boy)

Clear (yep, no color at all)

i got this in Girl Boy during one of my trips at the MAC counter in Glorietta a few months back. i got this because of the SA's recommendation. I haven't used any brow gel before, but i remember using clear mascara just to tame my brows most especially when i cut too much from here and there. LOL. so 'twas actually my first time to use a colored brow gel.

when i tried it for the first time, i brushed it against my brows...and boom! me got instant blondish brows! and yeah, i didn't like it at all. i thought "what a waste of money" and i just tossed it inside my makeup drawer.

but being a persistent person that i am (who would want to waste makeup, anyway!?) i decided to give it another try. but this time, i used my Modelco brow shader first then topped it off with the brow gel. i again saw the blondish brows i got scared of the first time...but after a while, it looked natural...not to mention, more tamed and polished-looking. of course, i had to practice applying it from then on since on my second try, some of the color went thru my brows and onto my skin. not a good sight, really. but when i got the hang of using it, applying became a breeze and my brow shading and shaping would never be complete without it.

i love its packaging...it's like a mascara but unlike other mascara tubes, this one is clear so you'd know how much is left and if you need to rush to the nearest MAC counter to get another one. hehehe...mom tried it before and didn't like it at first (like mother, like daughter lol) too since she applied it like the way i applied it the first time. she even asked me to get her the other shade, which is Beguile, for she thought it would cover her brow tattoo better than Girl Boy. so i did get her Beguile, only to give it back to me again and asked for Girl Boy when she saw me how i use it on myself. and i tell you, this item is ALWAYS out of stock! we had to wait for more than a month!

so like me, mom is now loving her brow set (gel) in Girl Boy. i also use it on my clients...most especially to those with brown hair/highlights. really complements skin tones as well. i use the Beguile shade for those with really black hair. it has a strong scent, but it goes away after sometime. it doesn't leave your brows stiff looking. actually, this makes my brows looking more natural.

here's a comparison:

both brows shaped and drawn using Modelco brow kit: left brow topped with Girl boy, right brow with the modelco shader alone.

i can't just stop raving about this item from MAC. when MAC glorietta called me that they have stocks again, i can't help but get 2 more. from now on, i'll make sure i always have stocks of this stuff.

bought this for Php800, and again...this item is always out of stock. so make sure to stock up when you have the chance.

iamsutil gives this item 2 thumbs up!

this item is love...love...love!

;)

3 comments:

Shen said...

this is so great on you! :)

Iambrigitte said...

thanks shen

Traveliztera said...

wow i love it... i'm a huge mac fan and i was thinking of buying this product... thanks for sharing! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...